Unpopular food opinion hills you’re willing to die on

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
That's not really an unpopular opinion. The majority of Latin American immigrants to the U.S. are of Mexican descent because of that their cuisine has been the most visible and mass marketed.

This brings me to the hill I'm willing to die on being that they have the most overrated food. The average Mexican dish consists of a protein, tortilla, refried beans, and bland rice. The majority of their dishes have a heavy Mesoamerican influence and can also be found in El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, etc.

Latin Caribbean food from PR, DR, Cuba, Haiti is a lot better as well as Garifuna food, more varied, more well seasoned, and has a much larger African influence. Peruvians arguably make the best rotisserie chicken in the world and their "chino-latino" spots are elite in NYC, Argentinians/Brazilians/Uruguayans are elite when it comes to steakhouses.

Peruvian food is elite. Repped. Nicaraguan food is my favorite Mesoamerican food because they borrow heavily from Carribbean food (lots of Jamaican immigrants there) and they be KILLING their national dishes like deep fried plaintains with goat cheese and sour cream. They go in

Cuba has the best pork based dishes but our seasoning is the weakest in the Caribbean, not that its unseasoned but its just regular ass seasoning like Badia, Goya type shyt (2 much cac recipes). No spicy flavors. Our desserts are top tier tho.

Worst Carib food I ever had was Belizean. They had just TOO MANY different seasonings and spices going on shyt didnt taste like nothing, it was conflicting as hell.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Peruvian food is elite. Repped. Nicaraguan food is my favorite Mesoamerican food because they borrow heavily from Carribbean food (lots of Jamaican immigrants there) and they be KILLING their national dishes like deep fried plaintains with cheese and sour cream. They go in

Cuba has the best pork based dishes but our seasoning is the weakest in the Caribbean, not that its unseasoned but its just regular ass seasoning like Badia, Goya type shyt (2 much cac recipes). No spicy flavors. Our desserts are top tier tho.
Now that you brought it up, Peruvian food > Mexican food.

JaytheOne

Pro
Daps
Peruvian food is elite. Repped. Nicaraguan food is my favorite Mesoamerican food because they borrow heavily from Carribbean food (lots of Jamaican immigrants there) and they be KILLING their national dishes like deep fried plaintains with goat cheese and sour cream. They go in

Worst Carib food I ever had was Belizean. They had just TOO MANY different seasonings and spices going on shyt didnt taste like nothing, it was conflicting as hell.
What are some Cuban desserts? Are they similar to rican/dominican desserts?

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
What are some Cuban desserts? Are they similar to rican/dominican desserts?

Similar but we got alot more variety

Sweet potato pudding, caramel flans (custard cake), churros were made by us originally, coquitos (not the puerto rican liquor) are these little coconut and brown sugar bite sized candies dipped in chocolate and vanilla... guava cheese cake, grilled pineapple slices with syrup on it... that diabeetus is REAL over there

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Green Apples > Red Apples

Grapefruits are the WOAT fruit of all time. Bitter and no sweetness. I feel deceived

Most people will rather eat ass than a brown piece of a banana

Regular Oatmeal tastes like liquid bar soap. Cinnamon and Sugar makes it tolerable

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
What we call Soul Food today is b*stardized and poisoned with too much salt, sugar and processed food. It's mostly vegetables, beans and rice, but lot of places I go to are lacking in the first two

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I was with you till that last part. Mayo is fukkin garbage and a crutch for shytty chefs who can’t season their food. Dress that slut up with garlic or sriracha and call it Aioli it’s still a slut sauce.
Maybe, but the idea that it's "cac shìt" is false.

Potato salad, macaroni salad, Cole slaw among other things are too popular for the mayo jokes that get made on here to be true.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO