Unfunny Twitter cac tries to clown a breh librarian

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
that's obviously not the only thing they learn

but the original tiktok was trying to say you shouldn't even need a degree at all, like all librarians do is put books back on the shelf.

if you've been to your local library lately, unless you live in some small backwoods ass town, there is a lot going on there to manage than just putting books on shelves by the dewey decimal system.

yall sounding like the cac downplaying a librarian to be honest.

anyway my friend who has her masters in it went on to help with the creation of a database and digital transfer for archives of some state department after she left her public library job. now that it has been created she manages it as well as their current records, she making bank. :manny:

Honestly, I know nothing about the librarians or the library, don't know how much it pays, so I will admit I sound like that cac. Did she make a database for her own library or was it like a database for multiple libraries?

But yea, if I didn't know a pharmacist in real life, I would have the same thoughts, because I don't see anything that goes on behind my interaction with them at CVS

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, I know nothing about the librarians or the library, don't know how much it pays, so I will admit I sound like that cac. Did she make a database for her own library or was it like a database for multiple libraries?

But yea, if I didn't know a pharmacist in real life, I would have the same thoughts, because I don't see anything that goes on behind my interaction with them at CVS
no she didn't create everything, there are definitely engineers on the back end that actually shape the vision with code, i'm assuming just off your name you might be on that side of things.

but yeah she definitely came up with what needed to be envisioned it in a way for her/the other people in her department to pull up the documents/records in a way that was sorted and useable when things needed to be pulled up etc. etc.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I used to work at a library as a audio/visual custodian (I basically maintained the projectors and acted as a gopher for finding movies etc. because people could rent VHS tapes from the library too.)

Any way a librarians job is pretty involved. It's just about handling books. It's essentially an information management job. You have to keep records of every book that comes and goes. You have to keep the books current especially reference books. You have schedule and manage the events for both children and adults and drive engagement. You have to sell off old/excess books to make room for new ones. You have to manage the safe storage of physical media (videos, microfiche). You have to work alongside IT to make sure the Internet and network services are always in proper order and do all this and more as needed on a state government budget which in most cases is less than what you need.