Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Watched it again since I was thinking of grabbing the Criterion release. I still can’t believe how much of an idiot the in-law Arno was. Stopping a bet, hiring thugs. And he ended up getting killed too. :dead:
Dumbest shyt he did was lend a degenerate compulsive gambler 90K.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
We ready to call this a classic or nah.
:wow:

The pacing is perfect and it's Sandler's best performance since Punch Drunk Love.
Its a cult classic. I like the movie but a lot of people I know didn't for whatever reason. Maybe cuz Sandler and every other character is constantly screaming lol this movie break the record for number of "fukks"?

Most annoying part of the movie for me was in the beginning, the score was really weird and then got super annoying, for like the first 15 minutes. I almost turned the movie off on first viewing then it stopped, thank God. Almost ruined the movie.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Its a cult classic. I like the movie but a lot of people I know didn't for whatever reason. Maybe cuz Sandler and every other character is constantly screaming lol this movie break the record for number of "fukks"?

Most annoying part of the movie for me was in the beginning, the score was really weird and then got super annoying, for like the first 15 minutes. I almost turned the movie off on first viewing then it stopped, thank God. Almost ruined the movie.
I loved the score and the way it helps create the atmosphere of the film. At times it's an almost dream-like bliss, other times chaotic or dramatic. Same guy did the score for Good Time, which was also directed by the brothers who did Uncut Gems.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I loved the score and the way it helps create the atmosphere of the film. At times it's an almost dream-like bliss, other times chaotic or dramatic. Same guy did the score for Good Time, which was also directed by the brothers who did Uncut Gems.

Yeah when I saw Uncut Gems I knew it was the same guys cuz of that style they use. The music in Good Time was much more zany, that movies was a trip. Music in Uncut Gems mainly those first 15 minutes or so is not good it's just annoying af. I fast forward though that part cuz my ears can't handle it.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I rank Good Time higher than Uncut Gems but Uncut Gems is the movie that got me into the A24 rabbit hole. May have to watch it again.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Rewatched for maybe third time a month or so ago, and it was fire. Despite it's anxiety, tense, panic attack style, it's very watchable.