Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I'd rather keep them both and pass on AD (for the same reason...we can draft a big). Plus, I feel like :Horford: is the consummate point forward for our style of play on offense.
I'm saying, AD is a great player but the pels would want a treasure chest for a dude whose teams hover around 500. Not only would we have to trade Tatum and Brown, but other players just to make the salaries match. Trading away Al would be a bad look for future free agents. He's the first high profile fa to come to Boston.

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I really hope you guys in this thread are right about the trade for AD, and not on some Scal/Green Teamer shyt (didnt want to give up kyrie for thomas)

If we gave up Al and the pick for AD :patrice:

That would be a team challenging GS in the finals for sure

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I feel like the C's and Sixers are gonna grow a nice rivalry in the near future and for many years to come

We play them so much and once they start seeing us in the playoffs :wow:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
“I mean, quite honestly, as I’ve looked at our roster, I’ve been saying that all year long, but, yeah, we could use one more creator,” Ainge said. “And the fact that Gordon can create offense and handle the ball and take the burden off of Kyrie (Irving) — and also play off the ball and space the floor — I’ve thought that many times as I’ve looked at our team and what do we need and what are we lacking? But that definitely is No. 1.”

And, while the team has said he’ll miss the rest of the year, it remains at least a possibility that Hayward could return to the Celtics this season from his fractured left ankle. That notion percolated through the fan base when Hayward’s wife posted Instagram video of him hitting 3-pointers.

Asked if Hayward is ahead of schedule, Ainge said, “Honestly I think it’s too early to even tell that.

“He’s just starting to walk without the brace and do some shooting without moving. It’s just too early to tell. I think over the next month or two — month and a half anyway — we’ll have a much better idea of how he responds. But, again, in my mind he’s not going to play this year. And until something changes, we’re not planning on that happening. We’re not applying any pressure to that. We’re just letting it take its course.

Bulpett: Struggling Celtics have Gordon Hayward-sized hole