Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coose

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The Archives
1510692920_889b80557995329d4384cae8021cb559.jpg

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Match up Golden State with Boston, and you get the two best defensive teams in the league (statistically, in the Celtics’ case; they rank No. 1). The two best at ball movement, with San Antonio not far behind. And the teams best exemplifying the modern-day NBA game, all about lengthy, cat-quick wings who excel on both ends of the floor, passing and cutting and screening their way to open shots while switching, communicating and not giving an inch of ground on defense.

The surprise in Boston, even to the team’s front office, is that it’s all happening so soon. General manager Danny Ainge had an eye on the future when he gave up the No. 1 pick in the draft, trading down to select Jayson Tatum, out of Duke. Ainge seemed unconcerned when he wasn’t able to deal for Indiana’s Paul George. Ainge became intent on trading Thomas, one of the team’s most popular players of recent years, over concerns about Thomas’ health and impending free agency. Two of the teams’ top defensive players, Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley, were lost in trade, and to top it off, prized free-agent acquisition Gordon Hayward suffered a gruesome, season-ending injury in the Celtics’ first game.

All of it suggested a waiting game for the Celtics, who have stockpiled a number of first-round picks, until James either retires or moves to the Western Conference. But none of that seems to matter now. Not with Kyrie Irving in town.

Warriors-Celtics: Welcome to the future

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see Tatum and Brown and I'm excited for the future. Then I go to other celtic forums and I see dudes suggesting we trade Tatum, Brown, Smart, and other assets for Anthony Davis. :what:

Davis is the best player out of all of them, but we'd lose so much depth that we'd be worse. That's why I only post here and not on punk ass celticsblog.

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Curious, if he keeps at this rate, how soon do you think he could become an all star?

At this rate I don't see him being an all star. Got to make major leaps in a lot of areas. such as ball handling, finishing, free throws, feel, bbiq, and playmaking.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
At this rate I don't see him being an all star. Got to make major leaps in a lot of areas. such as ball handling, finishing, free throws, feel, bbiq, and playmaking.

He's already improved significantly from last year in almost category except FT%. His handling and finishing could use work but I feel he's making a case for being one of the better 2/3s in the league very soon.