Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
No. Literally nobody said that. The IT/Crowder Celtics were a transition team. Never had any chance to be a real contender with that core.

The "only significant additions" are two all-NBA players (if we're going to ignore the top 3 draft pick I guess). I think most teams would be thrilled with that.

Stop making up narratives. Nobody had any of those teams beating the Cavs. Nobody. On top of that, that was a Cavs team with a Lebron/Kyrie duo, not a hobbled IT (love the guy, but there's a very good chance he's never the same player) and a bunch of over the hill players. One of the oldest teams in the league got older, Lebron is only going to be able to carry them so far.

Im not making a narrative, your just ducking and dodging the truth. Kyrie isn't Kobe and the Celtics aren't doing shyt this year 3-4 seed, they can only ride Kyrie for so long, Hayward hasn't proven anything with his 1 playoffsappearance and kyrie isn't a leader. Enjoy your season though, being biased is making you delusional.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Im not making a narrative, your just ducking and dodging the truth. Kyrie isn't Kobe and the Celtics aren't doing shyt this year 3-4 seed, they can only ride Kyrie for so long, Hayward hasn't proven anything with his 1 playoffsappearance and kyrie isn't a leader. Enjoy your season though, being biased is making you delusional.

Goodbye!

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
like our ball movement, spacing, and moving without the ball. Rookies looked nervous but they'll get it together, they just need to play within themselves. I'd like to see Jaylen attack the bucket or pull up for the mid range jumper more. Breh shoots too many threes for my liking. I like Theis, he's like Jerebko but more athletic and intelligent.:skip:

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

Theis is nice

It's gonna take me a minute to get used to seeing Kyrie on the team

Last edited:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps

"The bottom line is he can get so much better," Stevens said. "He's already a good player, but he can get a lot better. I think that's one of our charges, is to really make sure that every day is a learning day. There are plenty of things he did well, and plenty of things he can improve on."

Perhaps the best news for the Celtics, at least as the season begins, was that Tatum can already work well against mismatches if the Celtics create them. Playing in the second unit, Tatum will have a lot of opportunities against players who are either smaller or slower, and he looks like he can take advantage. He's a deadly isolation player, and abusing mismatches is a good way for the Celtics to put that ability to use efficiently.

Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics rookie, already talented, but Brad Stevens says 'he can get so much better'

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Celtics will finish with a higher passes made per game average than the Cavs this season. :umad:

not because of kyrie:krs:

PassionateAncientGalapagossealion.gif

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Im cooking off thats enough internet for you today.

Jaylen was kinda of a disappointment last night. Mainly because his feel for the game is not where it should be. Dude looked lost out there at times.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Smart has spoken a lot about improving his shot, and that has clearly been one the one glaring weakness in his game.

He started out on fire, hitting his first two shots. He wavered a bit, but ended the game shooting 3-7 from beyond the arc. Not only was that the most makes on the team, but it was also more than double the amount of attempts anyone else took.

Smart took those seven shots in 14 minutes, with just one attempt from inside the arc, and nothing from the free throw line. Smart made it abundantly clear that three point shooting is going to be a focus for him and, at least for now, Brad Stevens has given him ultimate green light in the preseason.

Will Marcus Smart Lead the Boston Celtics in 3 Point Attempts?