Uncharted movie made $139m worldwide

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm shocked too breh.

Not good casting at all but somehow they got away with it.

Very much a case of right place, right time. Not a whole lot going on entertainment wise, and its strongest direct competition was probably Death on the Nile, which was in its second week, and truthfully isn't targeting as broad an audience

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
As a fan of the series the movie was decent.
Very faithful adaptation and although the casting was odd, each actor played their parts well. The set pieces were laughable but, they’re all something that could have easily taken place within the game so in that regard, I found even the most absurd scene acceptable.
For people that aren’t familiar with the game, or just not fans of the source material I would say definitely skip the theater and wait for streaming.
The constant physics defying scenes will make you cringe if you’re looking for Indiana Jones.
Fans of the game will find a ton of fan service and great tie ins to the series. I look forward to the sequel and will cop the 4k blu ray.
Also, movies based on video games are notoriously terrible. This movie wasn’t terrible. It just wasn’t great. It’s a solid, entertaining movie that played it safe and stuck to being a live action version of the game. Nothing exceptional about it. As far as video game movies overall I put it in the upper tier given how low the bar is.
how does it compare to the Resident Evil movie?

Which was probably the worst film I've seen in a while

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I'm shocked too breh.

Not good casting at all but somehow they got away with it.

I understand why Sony casted Tom, but they could've got someone far cheaper and a better resemblance to Nathan than Spider boy. A random unknown young cac actor would've did as good of a job if not better, and it's not like Holland is a mega box office draw.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
how does it compare to the Resident Evil movie?

Which was probably the worst film I've seen in a while
It’s better than Resident Evil. I haven’t seen those movies in forever though. I remember enjoying the first one enough and then finding the nemesis movie awkward to watch due to the rubber suit nemesis. The other movies were forgettable. I vaguely remember Ashanti being in one of them.
Uncharted is about as solid a video game movie as you should expect. It’s not trash. It’s just not something you need to rush out to see any time soon at all. It was the epitome of “alright”.
My main critique is how silly the set pieces were and how drawn out the puzzle elements were. Everything they did would work perfectly in the actual game; in live action movie form it’s cheesy. Like I said, as a fan of the series I accepted it since they pretty much stuck with the source material pretty faithfully. People who aren’t fans or unfamiliar with the series will most likely find the entire thing comical in how they continually defy physics, ignore logic, and the plot is paper thin even when it tries to hint at having depth.
This isn’t a movie for people who want a George Lucas quality cinema experience. It’s a true movie for fans of a particular video game and as such, I enjoyed it.