UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Naughty Dog Teasing Uncharted 4 Extended Gameplay Stream Next Week

UNCHARTEDTEASE4_610.jpg

Sony's press conference stage was home to a few minutes of Uncharted 4 gameplay, and Naughty Dog is teasing more footage for July 1.

The remainder of the demo was showcased at E3, but it was shown behind closed doors. You can find our write-up of the demo by heading here. Along with the details of the live stream happening on July 1 at 11 a.m. PT, Naughty Dog also showcased a short animated GIF of Nathan and his brother riding a motorcycle, but clearly not understanding how roads are supposed to work.

[Source: @Naughty_Dog]

Our Take
I didn't get a chance to see the behind closed doors extended demo of Uncharted 4 demo at E3 even though I was at the show, so I am looking forward to tuning in on Wednesday.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ted-4-extended-gameplay-stream-next-week.aspx

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Uncharted 4: Eight months of Hennig’s work was “thrown away”
uncharted11.jpg

In a Q&A session conducted at MetroCon, Nolan North was questioned regarding Amy Hennig’s departure from Naughty Dog and the changes made to Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End from that point onwards. North’s response was quite revelatory, as this is possibly the very first time someone has addressed the matter head-on and gone in detail about Hennig’s sudden departure as well as the game’s status at the time.
A text excerpt from the Q&A video can be seen below:
Q: With Amy Hennig leaving, did they change the script at all to Uncharted 4?
NN: Yeah. I can’t really say too much about that…but I will. We had shot 8 months of her story and it was all thrown away. The Last of Us guys came in, and you have to understand, new producers, new people, they want to do it. I don’t know what happened exactly. Amy is still a very dear friend of mine and she’s brilliant but the Last of Us guys were the next team there so they took over and they just wanted their own flavour. They got rid of some of the other people that were involved and just redid their thing. Great move they made with Troy Baker [who] played my brother and they knew that was going to work because Troy and I are friends and he had done Joel and they knew he and I had good rapport. So it’ll be fun, the tone I think is gonna be slightly different. It has to be, you know, you can’t have a Robert Ludlum novel that’s going to be the same as Steven King. It’s just that they’re different styles. But it’s true to the story.
Q: So it really hasn’t affected it at all?
NN: No, it’s going to be along the same lines with the story but I think there’ll be…I don’t know. I don’t know how it’ll affect the how thing and to be honest I am just as curious as everyone to see what the final product will look like. I do know there’s trust with the Naughty Dog designers and programmers, that place is still top notch and from the things I’ve seen and sound and all the stuff they’ve done, it’s amazing.
[...]
It’s gonna be phenomenal. I mean the story, visuals, the same wacky crew.
Alternatively, you can also watch the entire Q&A panel here.
North goes on to discuss Amy Hennig’s future project at Visceral Games, which is said to be a Star Wars game that is in the same vein as Uncharted in terms of gameplay.
If you’re a big fan of Amy Hennig with her styles of stories, the big thing bout her is that she’s gone to EA and is going to reboot a brand new Star Wars franchise in the style of Uncharted and I happen to know a lot about it and it’s gonna be awesome.
Would Amy Hennig’s contribution have been valuable for Uncharted 4? Or was starting from scratch the right thing to do for Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley? Let us know what you think in the comments below.

http://gearnuke.com/uncharted-4-eight-months-hennig-work-thrown-away/

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
im supposed to be exited for a trailer just give me the multi beta fukk all the bs

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
@Fatboi1 when you think they rolling out multi player beta or next summer
i know its posed to be spring 2016 i think the gae wont drop til nov 2016

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Fatboi1 when you think they rolling out multi player beta or next summer
i know its posed to be spring 2016 i think the gae wont drop til nov 2016
The MP beta should be THIS year as you get access to it with the Uncharted Collection which drops in Oct. I guess OCT we'll get the beta. The game should drop before March 2016. I can't see it getting another delay.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
The MP beta should be THIS year as you get access to it with the Uncharted Collection which drops in Oct. I guess OCT we'll get the beta. The game should drop before March 2016. I can't see it getting another delay.

That's what i been saying we should be in the summer beta now and then another in september. ND fukking up

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End’s Full E3 Demo Livestream Will Include a Q&A Session

A few days ago, Naughty Dog announced that the full E3 demo of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End will be broadcasted on Twitch the day after tomorrow, at 11 AM PST.

Today we get a further interesting detail. The broadcast will also include a Q&A session, and the developer is asking for questions on Twitter.

If you have one, all you have to do is to reply to the tweet below, using the hashtag #Uncharted4E3.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Uncharted 4: Eight months of Hennig’s work was “thrown away”
uncharted11.jpg

In a Q&A session conducted at MetroCon, Nolan North was questioned regarding Amy Hennig’s departure from Naughty Dog and the changes made to Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End from that point onwards. North’s response was quite revelatory, as this is possibly the very first time someone has addressed the matter head-on and gone in detail about Hennig’s sudden departure as well as the game’s status at the time.
A text excerpt from the Q&A video can be seen below:
Q: With Amy Hennig leaving, did they change the script at all to Uncharted 4?
NN: Yeah. I can’t really say too much about that…but I will. We had shot 8 months of her story and it was all thrown away. The Last of Us guys came in, and you have to understand, new producers, new people, they want to do it. I don’t know what happened exactly. Amy is still a very dear friend of mine and she’s brilliant but the Last of Us guys were the next team there so they took over and they just wanted their own flavour. They got rid of some of the other people that were involved and just redid their thing. Great move they made with Troy Baker [who] played my brother and they knew that was going to work because Troy and I are friends and he had done Joel and they knew he and I had good rapport. So it’ll be fun, the tone I think is gonna be slightly different. It has to be, you know, you can’t have a Robert Ludlum novel that’s going to be the same as Steven King. It’s just that they’re different styles. But it’s true to the story.
Q: So it really hasn’t affected it at all?
NN: No, it’s going to be along the same lines with the story but I think there’ll be…I don’t know. I don’t know how it’ll affect the how thing and to be honest I am just as curious as everyone to see what the final product will look like. I do know there’s trust with the Naughty Dog designers and programmers, that place is still top notch and from the things I’ve seen and sound and all the stuff they’ve done, it’s amazing.
[...]
It’s gonna be phenomenal. I mean the story, visuals, the same wacky crew.
Alternatively, you can also watch the entire Q&A panel here.
North goes on to discuss Amy Hennig’s future project at Visceral Games, which is said to be a Star Wars game that is in the same vein as Uncharted in terms of gameplay.
If you’re a big fan of Amy Hennig with her styles of stories, the big thing bout her is that she’s gone to EA and is going to reboot a brand new Star Wars franchise in the style of Uncharted and I happen to know a lot about it and it’s gonna be awesome.
Would Amy Hennig’s contribution have been valuable for Uncharted 4? Or was starting from scratch the right thing to do for Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley? Let us know what you think in the comments below.

http://gearnuke.com/uncharted-4-eight-months-hennig-work-thrown-away/
Last of US crew showed up like
biDFHU0.gif
and said :camby:
I respect the bytch, but that soft ass Uncharted 3 wasn't up to par to U2 :ufdup:
She's on Visceral working on the new Star Wars that Disney killed.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End “Feels Like Home, but Better;” Naughty Dog Wants to “Earn” it
During the newest episode of “Conversations with Creators” released by Sony, Naughty Dog shared quite a few details about the current state of development of Nathan Drake’s last adventure, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End.

Game Director Bruce Straley mentioned that now levels are starting to get together with the story, art is coming in as well, and everything is starting to come together with the audio. It’s starting to be the game that he wants to play. They can now see moments in which they can say “ah, that’s gonna be a really special moment.”

According to Co-Lead Game Designer Anthony Newman, there’s a lot of stuff that feels fresh and new, but it still feels like a logical continuation of the Uncharted formula, and Straley added that it “feels like home, but better.”

Newman continued by mentioning that there are a lot of things coming back from The Last of Us, like people gesturing while walking around, or things developers can do to make things more seamless, like gunwork, climbing, and the way animations chain together. It indeed feels like Uncharted but stepped up another notch.

Creative Director Neil Druckmann also explained that he really feels that they’re finally “earning” telling the closing chapter of Nathan Drake’s story, and seeing the pieces coming together is really important for Naughty Dog.

According to Newman. working on the closing chapter of Nathan Drake’s adventures is really meaningful for the studio, and they want to do right by him and by the franchise. Druckmann added that after all they’re fans as well, while Straley mentioned that they feel they have to “earn” it. They want to be proud. and the team to be proud, this kind of attitude is imbued in their perfectionism.

Newmann also explained that one thing that the studio wanted to do with the PS3 was a more open environments, but it proved really challenging, because the studio pushed the memory to its limits. In Uncharted 4, thanks to the memory of the PS4, they’re opening it up a lot more.

The fidelity of characters, Newman continued, has “gone crazy,” and that’s what allows the studio to do real-time cutscenes. There are no black bars, and that allows developers to be “so much more expressive” with seamless transition between story and gameplay. The character used for gameplay is the same for cutscenes, while the lighting model is “nearly identical.”

Daps
Reppin
i think the change in direction is gonna be great. Naughty Dog probably wanted a more serious tone with the last one, and it really seems like they want to go out with a bang, rather than a whimper.

thus the reason for the Last of Us team getting behind production. I'm on a media blackout, so i'm not gonna look at any gameplay videos, i want the :banderas: look the first time..