UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Microtransactions will be available at launch, but we'll have no gameplay items that will be gated through microtransactions," he replied.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naughty dog is ruining the online for uncharted. The MP team is literally filled with nikkas that can't make a balanced MP game if their life depended on it.

Why is there supernatural BS? Why is there still kickbacks? Why did they implement a reviving system?
:scust: nikka wanted an Uncharted 2 type MP and they give us this trash.
It's way too early to judge the MP balancing. As long as it's not cheap or unbalanced, them I'm fine with the over the top shyt for fun.
ND will most likely have a classic playlist without that for the purists just like they did in UC3.
The revive system is from TLOU. I'd wait until we get hands on to declare what works or doesn't.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's way too early to judge the MP balance. As long as it's not cheap or unbalanced, them I'm fine with that. ND will have a classic playlist without that for the purists just like they did in UC3.
Yea you're right about the balanced bit, but ND is going in the wrong direction when it's coming to the MP. Hopefully some of those supernatural kickbacks stick in the co-op mode and not in any competitive playlists. But ND catering to casuals led to the downfall of Uncharted MP that's all im saying.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Man fukk this multiplayer fukk shyt

All the game developers forcing multiplayer into single player games, look how they ruined Grand Theft Auto.
I honestly don't understand that argument. Adding an MP doesn't necessarily ruin the entire game since people have the option to play it or not. It's just an extra perk that could make the game last longer to some. And the MP has been in the uncharted series since the second installment, this is nothing new.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

All the game developers forcing multiplayer into single player games, look how they ruined Grand Theft Auto.
I 100% agree. I much prefer solid single player games. I don't fukk with multiplayer much at all. shyt doesn't excite me. I need a story, not just mindless killing. Call me a casual all you want, but I don't really give a fukk about competitive multiplayer shyt :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:snoop: Uncharted 2 was ruined with MP just like The last Of Us was.... right?

I 100% agree. I much prefer solid single player games. I don't fukk with multiplayer much at all. shyt doesn't excite me. I need a story, not just mindless killing. Call me a casual all you want, but I don't really give a fukk about competitive multiplayer shyt :manny:
It's optional. It's not tied in to the SP like MGSV. That being said I'm not hugely into every MP game but Uncharted games MP were very, very fun to me including Co-Op. So much fun times I had.

Casual

Last edited:

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Last of us factions still has some of the best online gameplay to date...but alas they added mcrotransactions and it became unbalanced.. I still fukki wih it daily tho

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:snoop: Uncharted 2 was ruined with MP just like The last Of Us was.
:why: no it wasnt. TLOU is probably one of the most balanced MPs out on PS3, ND did a solid job with that shyt. U2 was the most balanced game on PS3 before patch 1.05, but was still a solid MP game in general. Usually casuals pull out that card breh

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Last of us factions still has some of the best online gameplay to date...but alas they added mcrotransactions and it became unbalanced.. I still fukki wih it daily tho
yea adding those dlc guns were a bad move, but i really have insane matches on tlou shyt is crazy.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug: you got me. Guess I need to buy a sarcasm detector:pachaha:.
Yeah that comment just threw me off because I thought that "Man MP is taking away from SP" thought process died back in 2013 when TLOU came out with MP. MP been in UC series since 2 and it didn't effect the quality of the SP. ND isn't dumb, the MP never affects how SP plays or is.

Anyway I can't wait to play this shyt. I was a bit worried it would be too zany and fast but seeing no sprint speaks to me. I HATED sprint in UC3 because it just made everything so hard to balance but now instead they went back to the UC2 no sprint days. I also noticed no weapon loadouts. I think you just select what weapons you want before the match starts and that's that. I'm really optimistic.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yea adding those dlc guns were a bad move, but i really have insane matches on tlou shyt is crazy.
"Microtransactions will be available at launch, but we'll have no gameplay items that will be gated through microtransactions," he replied.
:blessed:
Uncharted 4's multiplayer mode makes a deliberate move away from the action-movie realism of the main campaign, with players allowed to use mystical totems to unlock supernatural abilities, as well as summon sidekicks (medics, snipers, etcetera). At the outset of each match, players can select various weapons at different in-game currency prices, a la Counter-Strike.

:ehh:
Cogburn added that striking the right balance, between grinding for items and incentivising real-money acquisitions, will be determined after Naughty Dog looks at the data from the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta
:lupe:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Uncharted 4's Multiplayer Feels Like Uncharted But Concentrated
New ideas highlight Naught Dog's interesting multiplayer. Daniel Krupa A match of Uncharted 4’s multiplayer feels like an Uncharted adventure, but one that’s compressed into just a few minutes. There’s spectacle, a hail of bullets, moments of camaraderie, and an unexpected intrusion of the supernatural.

Watching the trailer during Sony’s press conference, in which the camera flits between familiar characters, Uncharted’s revamped multiplayer looked hectic and eccentric. But having played a couple of rounds, it’s definitely fast-paced, but there’s also a surprising amount of depth there, too, and plenty of new ideas striving to make its multiplayer feel distinctive and, perhaps most importantly, like Uncharted.

Unquestionably the most eye-catching aspect of the multiplayer reveal were the supernatural power-ups. Every Uncharted adventure sooner or later embraces the supernatural, but seeing Elena engulfed in fire before teleporting made it seem more like Infamous than Uncharted. In the context of a match, they feel far less outlandish and make much more sense.

The trailer ends with Drake unleashing the Wrath of El Dorado, a sarcophagus from Drake’s Fortune which handily spews forth spectres that hunt down members of the opposing team. You purchase it using currency earned within the match itself from downing opponent. It lasts for a few seconds – though you’ll be able to unlock modifiers that extend its efficacy – but provides the most effective way of clearing out a group of enemies holed up in a section of the map. During my two matches, the opposing team would frequently dominate a small section of the map, but the Wrath of El Dorado soon cleared them out.

The map – a jungle setting similar to some of the single-player footage we’ve seen so far – felt much more like a typical Uncharted environment. There’s lots of verticality, which the brilliant new grappling hook allows you to explore with ease. It’s activated by pressing L1 in the right situation. Initially, it feels really odd to jump carelessly from a high ledge, but soon enough, I was crossing ravines and swinging around corners while lining up headshot. It’s thrilling and works brilliantly, too.

The other ‘Mysticals’ Naughty Dog have revealed, include Among Thieves’ Cintamani Stone, which turns you into a super-medic healing all your teammates within range, and the Spirit of the Djinn, which allows you to teleport short distances while looking a bit like the Human Torch.

The supernatural weapons are striking for sure, but by far my favourite element is the side-kicks. Again, they’re purchased from a simple store menu accessed by pressing down on the Touch Pad. Basically, they’re AI teammates with very useful skills. So far four have been announced, but I only got to call upon one: the Hunter. As soon as he drops into the map, he begins to hunt down the nearest opponent. Once he finds them, he puts them into a headlock. From here, one of three things can happen: your opponent can escape; they can be saved by one of their allies; or you can find and execute them. The hunter’s a powerful friend, but there’s also a Sniper who can provide powerful covering fire; a Saviour who will revive you and allow items such as grenades to recharge faster; and a Brute, a heavily-armoured soldier with a gatling gun (you can probably figure out what he does).

If the ‘Mysticals’ are an attempt to weave some of the supernatural from Uncharted’s first three acts into multiplayer, side-kicks are trying to tap into that other, more essential ingredient – camaraderie. Nathan Drake is rarely alone in his adventure, with Sully or Chloe lending a hand, and these side-kicks seem to fulfill that function even if there’s no time to cultivate a real relationship. And in addition to the side-kicks, the rest of your team is composed of familiar faces, reacting to emergent multiplayer situations in character.

Almost everybody who’s interested in Uncharted 4 is excited by its campaign, not its multiplayer. Knowing that, it would’ve been easy to have offered the bare minimum when it came to multiplayer or left it out entirely. Yet Uncharted 4’s multiplayer shows that Naughty Dog has spent more time than ever before working out what people love about the series and figuring out how to adapt those elements in the multiplayer arena. What I played was exciting, frantic, and looked spectacular, so it might be getting close.
globhead_dpad_red.png

Uncharted 4's Multiplayer Feels Like Uncharted But Concentrated - IGN

Man these previewers always bad at the games.

Last edited: