Umbrella Academy Season 3: Sparrows are coming

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Ive grown to like this show, found the first season kinda meh but thought the second season was a big improvement. I liked this season, despite its flaws.
The writer’s did Allison dirty tho. Her character was annoying af all season.
Allison was terrible this season. If she wasn’t whining, she was blaming Viktor for everything. They’ve all lost something or someone but they didn’t sulk about it all season like Allison did. Outside of killing Harlan for no reason, she assaults Luther because she’s jealous of him and his wife :dahell: Like what are we doing here?

Five is still the best character and actor out of everyone and I’m still shocked that he’s still a teen, not a 20 something that just looks young. Reginald is a close second and he definitely rose the the ranks of worse TV dads ever.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
binge all the seasons. I'm really not sure what to think. I have many questions.

Season 3 is meh. I really liked the first two thirds of the season and then it devolved into pointless bickering, yet again. Also ,some characters turned out to be even more horrible than I thought before and I am okay if this is ‘the end’ of the series. Not thrilled with some of Allison’s story this season. Ellen or Elion whatever her/his fukk name is but it seems "he" doesn't know how to act anymore, tried too hard to act like a boy, etc shyt was so damn focused.

I don't understand what is Luther's power?.

Why does Lila have all the powers of everybody's power?. Lila's story was also a little too much wrapped up in Diego, and she didn't have as much agency outside of that relationship which was kind of a letdown especially since they didn't address why she has all the powers.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don't even know why they had to address it. it's fukking acting., not real life. there was zero reason to make vanya into viktor other than pandering and page probably pushing it. let her be a transgendered "he" in her regular life, but she still could've acted as a "she" as vanya w/o the transgenderism needing to even be brought up.

Exactly, what I said.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
binge all the seasons. I'm really not sure what to think. I have many questions.

Season 3 is meh. I really liked the first two thirds of the season and then it devolved into pointless bickering, yet again. Also ,some characters turned out to be even more horrible than I thought before and I am okay if this is ‘the end’ of the series. Not thrilled with some of Allison’s story this season. Ellen or Elion whatever her/his fukk name is but it seems "he" doesn't know how to act anymore, tried too hard to act like a boy, etc shyt was so damn focused.

I don't understand what is Luther's power?.

Why does Lila have all the powers of everybody's power?. Lila's story was also a little too much wrapped up in Diego, and she didn't have as much agency outside of that relationship which was kind of a letdown especially since they didn't address why she has all the powers.
Luther's power is just super strength. Lila's power is that she can use anyone's power that is around her. It's kinda like Rouge except Lila doesn't need to physically touch the person to use the power that she steals.

Bruh Man 5th Flo

Peeeeeeaaaaccceeee ✌️
Daps
Reppin
Every cotdam inch of GA..except the racist parts
just finished the season....i actually enjoyed this......it makes sense what happened to the Sparrow academy because it wasn't their reality, no need to bring them back next season, but damn let the brotha at least make it to the middle of the season sheesh lol. I want to start reading the comic

Stocking Cap Stu

pocket full of dreams....and weed
Daps
Season 3 was meh

Number 5 is consistently carrying this show acting-wise. He's still the smartest, while everyone else seems to have gotten dumber.

Klaus was favorite character up to this season. His arc has been really interesting, but his powers are either random or inconsistent at any time.

The Vanya/Viktor adjustment was TRASH. It felt forced, unnecessary, and the scripted explanation was a typical 'non-answer' half-ass. They could've been way more silly with an explanation and I think it works in this writing tone.

Allison and Luther are my least favorite this season. Luther was written down to 'bumbling oaf' status, and Allison was both short-sighted and a bit of a bully.

Liked the Lila/Diego thing until the season wrapped up. They got nothing accomplished and their whole conflict was meaningless.

Nowhere near as excited for S4 as I should be. The show could end with what we have up to now and I'll be ok with that.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Hope they finish strong. Season 1 and 2 were fantastic but 3 was much weaker.

I feel
the sparrows being so heavily hyped up only for most of them to die/be non-factors took a lot of steam out of the season