DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I know someone just can't wait to post the
who.jpg
, so I'll get in there first.

For those who don't know, it's the guy who wrote and directed Kidulthood, Adulthood and been a few other TV shows. I know some posters have seen Kidulthood or Adulthood. He also stars alongside Ashley Walters (from Top Boy) in Bulletproof.

Noel Clarke: Sky halts work with actor after harassment allegations

Even Ashley is like :hubie: and distanced himself. Opinions are divided on that one.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Noel Clarke: Sky halts work with actor after harassment allegations
Published

1 hour ago
_118267922_08_27_bulletproof_s2_cut.jpg
image copyrightSky
image captionNoel Clarke has starred in three series of Sky drama Bulletproof
Sky TV has "halted" its work with actor Noel Clarke after allegations of sexual harassment were made against him by a number of women.

Clarke has starred in Sky's crime drama Bulletproof, which had a fourth series commissioned in January.

"Effective immediately, we have halted Noel Clarke's involvement in any future Sky productions," the broadcaster said.

The Kidulthood and Doctor Who star, 45, has said he "vehemently" denies "any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing".

In a statement on Thursday, he said he intended to "defend myself against these false allegations".

The Guardian newspaper reported allegations from 20 women, all of whom knew Clarke in a professional capacity.

_118262430_49f7bbeb-3ff1-486c-b031-f142cfe5165f.jpg
image copyrightReuters
image captionNoel Clarke collected his outstanding contribution Bafta Award on 10 April
Fellow Bulletproof actor Ashley Walters responded to the allegations against his co-star by saying he was "in shock and deeply saddened by what I have heard on a multitude of levels".

He said he "could never condone behaviour of this nature" and while "Noel has been a friend and a colleague for several years, I cannot stand by and ignore these allegations".

He added: "Sexual harassment, abuse and bullying have no place in our industry."

In his statement on Thursday, Clarke added: "In a 20-year career, I have put inclusivity and diversity at the forefront of my work and never had a complaint made against me.

"If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologise."

_118267921_93900c22-7e57-4337-ab83-6703882d964c.jpg
image copyrightITV
image captionClarke's police drama Viewpoint is scheduled to conclude on Friday night
Sky said it had not received any reports of sexual misconduct or harassment during or since the production of Bulletproof. "Sky stands against all forms of sexual harassment and bullying and takes any allegations of this nature extremely seriously," the company said.

Bulletproof's production company Vertigo Films also said: "Effective immediately, Noel Clarke is removed from any Vertigo Films production."

A spokesperson for the company said it had "launched an urgent investigation to find out if any [alleged incidents] apply to any Vertigo Films productions", but that "no issues have been flagged to us".

The actor has been on screens all week as the star of ITV surveillance drama Viewpoint. The broadcaster has not confirmed whether the final episode will be transmitted later as planned.

Bafta defends award
Clarke has also been suspended by Bafta, weeks after he received one of the British film and TV academy's top awards. He was given the outstanding British contribution to cinema prize at a ceremony on 10 April.

In a letter sent to its members on Friday, Bafta defended its decision to go ahead with the presentation despite having received emails about Clarke's behaviour before the ceremony.

"These were either anonymous or second or third-hand accounts via intermediaries," it said. "No first-hand allegations were sent to us. No names, times, dates, productions or other details were ever provided.

"Had the victims gone on record as they have with The Guardian, the award would have been suspended immediately. Noel Clarke's counsel received a legal notice to this effect. It was always very clear what our intentions would be."

_118267215_gettyimages-1098055240.jpg
image copyrightGetty Images
The organisation described the allegations as "extremely serious" and said the alleged behaviour was "contrary to Bafta's values and everything it stands for".

"We completely understand why the individuals were extremely fearful to identify themselves to us, and we recognise how hard it is for victims to speak up," it said. But Bafta added that it was "an arts charity that is not in a position to properly investigate such matters".

The academy had been criticised by figures including Stella Creasy MP, who said the situation posed "very uncomfortable questions for Bafta".

Shadow Northern Ireland minister Alex Davies Jones said: "If Bafta gave Noel Clarke an 'outstanding contribution award' despite knowing about the allegations against him then there are serious questions that need answering immediately."

'Takes a lot of strength'
Actor, writer and director Michaela Coel was among those praising the women who spoke out in the Guardian, and the journalists for their investigation.

"Speaking out about these incidents takes a lot of strength," she wrote on Friday.

Earlier this week, Coel was nominated for a raft of Bafta Awards for I May Destroy You, her dramatised account of how she came to terms with a sexual assault.

Meanwhile, production company All3Media, which backs Clarke's own company Unstoppable Film and TV, said: "We take allegations of this kind extremely seriously and are looking into this as a matter of urgency."

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
3 or 5 women can come together and ruin a man's life. But 20? He likely did that shyt.

What are the sexual harassment claims against him? Or the bullying?

Notice how everyone somehow forgot Ezra Miller beat up a woman but he's gotten roles on The Stand, Invincible and is still starring in the upcoming Flash and fantastic beasts films.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I know of him but these Brit cacs about to slay this man even if he did not do it. I hope this wake up brother in the UK on how to move ...
He helped bring lots of black stories to UK screens. At this point there's really no point in black British actors to stay in the UK. Much more opportunity in the US.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
3 or 5 women can come together and ruin a man's life. But 20? He likely did that shyt.

What are the sexual harassment claims against him? Or the bullying?

Notice how everyone somehow forgot Ezra Miller beat up a woman but he's gotten roles on The Stand, Invincible and is still starring in the upcoming Flash and fantastic beasts films.

‘Sexual predator’: actor Noel Clarke accused of groping, harassment and bullying by 20 women

The Guardian has spoken to 20 women, all of whom knew Clarke in a professional capacity. They variously accuse him of sexual harassment, unwanted touching or groping, sexually inappropriate behaviour and comments on set, professional misconduct, taking and sharing sexually explicit pictures and videos without consent, and bullying between 2004 and 2019.

Gina Powell worked for Clarke as a producer between September 2014 and March 2017, producing Brotherhood. She told the Guardian that Clarke would constantly harass her, on one occasion telling her that, when he hired her, he had planned “to fukk her and fire her” before deciding to keep her on. She also alleges that Clarke would brag about storing sexually explicit pictures and videos on his hard drive, including footage he told her he had secretly filmed during naked auditions.

Powell says Clarke once showed her a secretly recorded video of one such audition with Jahannah James, an actor in Brotherhood. Powell told four people about Clarke’s alleged secret filming, all of whom confirmed the conversation to the Guardian. They include James, her friend, whom she told about the incident in the winter of 2017, in a pub in south London. The naked audition had taken place more than four years previously, for the film Legacy. Powell was able to describe the exact haircut James had at that time – her hair is usually long and blond, but after a “hair disaster” she had cropped it short and returned to her natural brown.

James recalls Clarke had talked her into auditioning for the role. She had been hesitant. She was only 23 and fresh out of drama school. But Clarke persuaded her, explaining that the naked audition wouldn’t be filmed; an email from her agent confirmed this agreement. “I was told 100% it was not going to be on camera,” James says. As she understood it, the naked audition was purely to check she could do the scene and wasn’t going to “bottle it” on the day.

The audition was mortifying, James recalls, and afterwards she pulled out of the running for the role; she didn’t want one of her first acting jobs to be nude. The Guardian spoke to two friends of Powell and James who were also present in the pub that day and recalled the emotional exchange. “I was so upset,” James recalls. “Now, years later, I still cry when I talk about it.”

If true, then :huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup: it's beyond over for him. It's already over anyway, because no black man is shaking something like this off.

Adam Deacon must be like :lolbron: right now.

dat aint da same sandwich

links wid dem grits
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You're thinking of Kane Robinson. I had to look him up, the resemblance is pretty strong.

I'm glad it ain't him cuz we need more of that Top Boy piff. :whew:

Ashley ain't even stand by his mans, damn. :picard: Seem like ain't no such thing as innocent until proven guilty as a black man when it comes to sexual harassment accusations.