Uh Oh: Saudi Arabia defies US, cuts oil production. Russia to benefit. Dark Brandon VERY mad.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Y'all really don't get it. Intellectual property, grid dependence, lack of repairability, tracking, rent seeking...

When everything is goverened by software, it takes away end user autonomy. Things get locked behind EULAs. You don't actually own your vehicle. You own a license to operate it on a corporation's terms. Just wait for the next step, autonomous vehicles.

"You will own nothing, and you will be happy."

:mjlol: Yall gotta stop the paranoia.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
:mjlol: Yall gotta stop the paranoia.
:russell: Predictable response. People called me a conspiracy theorist when I said that car companies would start locking features behind paid subscriptions like remote start and heated seats. They called me paranoid when I warned about car compaies moving away from the open-source OBD II to proprietary diagnostic software. This is just the beginning of the corporate rent seeking behavior to come.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Y'all really don't get it. Intellectual property, grid dependence, lack of repairability, tracking, rent seeking...

When everything is goverened by software, it takes away end user autonomy. Things get locked behind EULAs. You don't actually own your vehicle. You own a license to operate it on a corporation's terms. Just wait for the next step, autonomous vehicles.

"You will own nothing, and you will be happy."
Bruh, you are all over the place. You’re going from infrastructure dependence/fragility to some bullshyt about not owning anything. I’m just trying to debunk the bullshyt y’all spewing about EVs being the source of the world’s ills. You sound like you sitting in the crawl space of your mama’s house with a soup pot on your head smoking ganja with these weirdo ramblings. Not like you’ll be able to change shyt anyway….

Edit: but I fully agree with you that houses should be independent from the grid with solar power. Here in Texas, the power companies make it difficult to go fully solar.

Adeptus Astartes

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Bruh, you are all over the place. You’re going from infrastructure dependence/fragility to some bullshyt about not owning anything. I’m just trying to debunk the bullshyt y’all spewing about EVs being the source of the world’s ills. You sound like you sitting in the crawl space of your mama’s house with a soup pot on your head smoking ganja with these weirdo ramblings. Not like you’ll be able to change shyt anyway….
Another predictable response. There are multiple problems with mass adoption of EVs. You can't see the danger in giving more and more power to corporations over your travel ability? That's fine. You'll see eventually.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Another predictable response. There are multiple problems with mass adoption of EVs. You can't see the danger in giving more and more power to corporations over your travel ability? That's fine. You'll see eventually.
I won’t clog up this thread with a back and forth, but you’re definitely delusional if you think mass EV adoption is anything but positive. Any power you claim companies will have with EVs is just as bad with ICE vehicles in how they manipulate gas prices and force you to rent features (like CarPlay and heated seats in BMWs, or rent remote app features in Toyotas). The source of energy doesn’t matter…you’ll still have to pay one way or another…

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
USA only buys 12% of saudia arabia oil:gucci: unless you convincing Asia and West Europe who make up 82% of Saudia Arabia oil sales :gucci: i think theyll live :gucci:

u do realize all those places are desperately trying to get on the EV wave as well.

EU already has super strict restrictions on fuel economy as it is. they trying to give the arabs the :camby:

Adeptus Astartes

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
I won’t clog up this thread with a back and forth, but you’re definitely delusional if you think mass EV adoption is anything but positive. Any power you claim companies will have with EVs is just as bad with ICE vehicles in how they manipulate gas prices and force you to rent features (like CarPlay and heated seats in BMWs). The source of energy doesn’t matter…you’ll still have to pay one way or another…
As I said earlier, those pay 2 play features in ICEs are just the beginning, and people called me paranoid for warning about them. EVs have significantly more software. You don't own that software, therefore you don't own the car. And that's not even getting started on autonomous vehicles, which are the next logical step. :francis:

Convenience will be the death of ownership.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
:russell: Predictable response. People called me a conspiracy theorist when I said that car companies would start locking features behind paid subscriptions like remote start and heated seats. They called me paranoid when I warned about car compaies moving away from the open-source OBD II to proprietary diagnostic software. This is just the beginning of the corporate rent seeking behavior to come.

That's always what it turns into once things become more controlled by software. That's always what they wanted it to be. These corporations are finally seeing the finish line of what they have been planning to do.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
These same environmentalist psychos bytch and moan about coal and fossil fuels but turn their noses up at nuclear energy. Solar panels, wind turbines, and "Green energy" won't do shyt for the environment except it worse.

I think more.money should be spent to solar power..being as though the planet getting hotter...summers getting longer.

All of this

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
again, let China and/or Russia defend them from Iran
China doesn't like to get in people's shyt and non-intervention is their official doctrine, so good luck
Russia's rag tag army is kinda busy right now, so good luck

One bad outcome I see is MBS selling all the shyt we sold them to Russia/China, or at least the tech specs and all that.
What would make Dark Brandon one of the GOATs is for him to back the Iranian protests and "assist" (CIA) with regime change there
The Iranian people are overwhelmingly pro-America and despise the mullahs and the ayatollah more than we do
Getting rid of the ayatollah would also solve the nuke issue and make Israel fall back
Imagine MBS in his palace getting the news that Iran and the US shook hands and left the beef in the past

Coli war generals out in full force