Ugandan TikToker jailed for insulting president

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Uganda is just following in the west's footstep. In America and much of the western world, you get your entire life ruined (work,reputation,education etc) if you are lucky to avoid jail by criticising and protesting against Israel and the idf
Uh… western society explicitly allows its people to protest against and mock their own leaders.

Even Israelies were protesting and going against Netanyahu before oct 7th.

Not allowing freedom of speech isn’t a western value… only 3rd world countries, dictatorships, etc do what Uganda is doing.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
a preview of what will happen in this country if trump is elected.

:francis:

its literally already happening now here... the patriot act remember. facebook and youtube got their algorithm targeting key phrases and words making notes on who write them deleting comments... :francis: there was renditions of american citizens being taken to black sites... shyt the cops had a black site in chicago torturing black people and the media didnt seem to care much anyways...

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Uh… western society explicitly allows its people to protest against and mock their own leaders.

Even Israelies were protesting and going against Netanyahu before oct 7th.

Not allowing freedom of speech isn’t a western value… only 3rd world countries, dictatorships, etc do what Uganda is doing.
I said nothing about protesting against their own leaders but specifically against Israel.

You are not about to gaslight people who have witnessed the demonisation,penalisation and mistreatment of pro palestine protesters all across the west from America to Germany to France to the UK et al since october

Even celebrities are out here losing jobs and endorsement deals just by advocating against genocide but yeah western values:mjlol:

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I said nothing about protesting against their own leaders but specifically against Israel.

You are not about to gaslight people who have witnessed the demonisation,penalisation and mistreatment of pro palestine protesters all across the west from America to Germany to France to the UK et al since october
I’m in LA and have seen numerous protests that were allowed by police.

How can you compare this to a dictatorship where there’s actual laws against criticizing the leader

Seems like a huge stretch to me.

All the countries you named have allowed pro Palestine protests for years…. What city do you live in? Bet I can find a pro Palestine protest near you that went on without any issue…

bnew

Veteran
Daps
what a weak president and even weaker legislature for passing this law. embarrassing to be lead by such sensitive "leaders"