Uganda just became Wakanda

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
dont throw stones in a glass house

uganda has been a hot bed for white saviourism and c00nery. save for a few scholars, the government has been pathetic in dealing with neo-colonialism and the country's national image abroad.

Abuses by outsiders on medical missions and pressure/influence on national policies by Western religious organizations are terrible realities. Unfortunately, these things are hardly exclusive to Uganda. In the past 5 years, you could find examples of similar stories in that region, that continent, and in other developing countries.
The post colonial history of Uganda might have played out in a way where different outsiders have gotten their hooks into them, but they are hardly the anomaly you're saying that they are.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
As much gold has been mined in South Africa in the past 5 or 6 decades you would think that by now Black South Africans would’ve developed the experience and expertise to go into Uganda and make a deal to mine that gold. Better than having to go to the Chinese or the west and getting crumbs. Prof Clarke spoke on this in one of his lectures years ago.
Yes. The late John Henrik Clarke spoke out and warned us about this decades ago.
The Euro multinationals and Asian companies have the capital and resources to offer these deals to mineral rich countries.
That is one of the reasons that he was such an advocate for Pan Africanism.
If individuals or leaders are serious about breaking ties and dependence on White and Asians, it can only happen if you develop a way to replace the vast resources that they wave in your face as leverage when dealing with you.
Won't be easy, won't happen overnight but have to develop and strengthen your own capacity and infrastructure.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
yea i have to agree, thats a lot of fresh gold. i would just use their previous loan against them (chinese), buy refinery machines from them or the west, send workers to south africa for training and do it youself. you'd make 10 times the amount of profit and have full control over the mines. they seriously need to think deeper. they are corrupt and money hungry, but with a little bit of smarts you can make MORE money, AND have your people eat.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Yes. The late John Henrik Clarke spoke out and warned us about this decades ago.
The Euro multinationals and Asian companies have the capital and resources to offer these deals to mineral rich countries.
That is one of the reasons that he was such an advocate for Pan Africanism.
If individuals or leaders are serious about breaking ties and dependence on White and Asians, it can only happen if you develop a way to replace the vast resources that they wave in your face as leverage when dealing with you.
Won't be easy, won't happen overnight but have to develop and strengthen your own capacity and infrastructure.
I don’t see it happening at this point. It would take something cataclysmic for white people to lose their hold on the planet. And the Asians (white people to me) are just getting started on their 1000 year run.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
The elite Black politicians will get paid but that money will not get to the "regluh" folks.

Africa is too reliant on resource extraction. The gold deposits are great but they should only allow local Black biz or even state run operators to control things. Keep the foreigners out. That short term Chinese $$$ seems nice but Beijing will make WAYYYYY more in the long run.

Why don't these African leaders think long term? Almost like the ones that WOULD think strategically get eliminated by the CIA, MI6 etc, so they either die or never get the outside "support" needed to rise to power.
You answered your own question.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I don’t see it happening at this point. It would take something cataclysmic for white people to lose their hold on the planet. And the Asians (white people to me) are just getting started on their 1000 year run.
His point, and one that I agree with is to reduce our dependence on the Superpowers (political or economic).

Regardless of whether their grip on the world is reduced or not, we start building and strengthening our own things. Anything other than that, we wave the white flag of surrender and stop pretending to be "fighting against white supremacy". It would just be lip service and hot air at that point.

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
The elite Black politicians will get paid but that money will not get to the "regluh" folks.

Africa is too reliant on resource extraction. The gold deposits are great but they should only allow local Black biz or even state run operators to control things. Keep the foreigners out. That short term Chinese $$$ seems nice but Beijing will make WAYYYYY more in the long run.

Why don't these African leaders think long term? Almost like the ones that WOULD think strategically get eliminated by the CIA, MI6 etc, so they either die or never get the outside "support" needed to rise to power.
Boom. Only the puppets are allowed to survive. The real ones get a bullet in their skull or poison in their tea.

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
Just googled the Uganda mineral dept and emailed them asking for a partnership to process this gold …give the money to a nikka