UFC Nashville on ESPN+ [3/23] “All My Kicks Fly Like Liu Kang” (Stephen Thompson/Anthony Pettis)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
Showtime is fukking BYKE brehs :mjcry:

Y'all kept fukking shytting on that man for coming up short after refusing to take a step back or give up against killer after killer no matter how badly he was struggling. Seriously, no fighter has faced a tougher gauntlet of absolute killers from 2015 onwards than Pettis. fukk y'all haters, that's my OG WEC ninja showing y'all whats up :mjcry::wow:

Pettis vs Masvidal title eliminator at 170 would be a dream come true, hopefully both those guys inspire and convince these fools turning themselves into concentration camp cosplayers that dehydrating your organs to near death is HORSEHSIT and killing this sport slowly but surely. Biggest complaint against Pettis has always been that his hands are supposedly weak, but now you see what's possible when you focus on the FIGHT first and foremost and not the diet and the weight cut; most notorious striker in the division knocked out COLD
SolidSpecificIcterinewarbler-size_restricted.gif

:picard::damn::WarpedTowel::whoo::banderas:

Dont do that to me bro, those are my 2 favorite fighters. I would lose my mind if they fought, id be all over the place

MD20

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Karate fighters need to adapt their defense better to MMA. That whole keep your hands down, rarely move your head, and dart in and out style can work for a while, but one miscalculation leads to disaster. When you start to age and those reflexes begin to decline, it's all downhill from there.

This!

Especially when he has to face a strong grappler.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Y’all crazy talking about Pettis back. Dude was getting pieced up before the Hail Mary. Wonderbread chin has always been shyt and his ranking is ludicrous. He would get mauled by RDA again. Ask for Gunnar or Ponz

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Gets destroyed by all those guys, and no need for him to fight Barboza again if Barboza wins, he got outclassed the 1st time
This win bought him some time. Knowing how the UFC books fights these days, those are the logical match ups. I never said he’d win them. They could always throw him in against Mike Perry, that’s a favorable match up for him. The problem with Pettis is he abandoned his submission game and fell in love with highlight reel KO’s, and going toe to toe.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
Y’all crazy talking about Pettis back. Dude was getting pieced up before the Hail Mary. Wonderbread chin has always been shyt and his ranking is ludicrous. He would get mauled by RDA again. Ask for Gunnar or Ponz
How is his ranking ludicrous. He only has 4 losses and 3 are in the last 2 years.(till fight in england :usure:)He's a top 5-8 ww. But he's 36 so I don't see him doing anything crazy he's about to be gatekeeper status . Also Idk why Pettis get so much hate. Is he what he used to be? No but he's still a good fighter(I'm biased he fights out of roufus sport which is my parent gym) he's gatekeeper status to though. I wonder what his game plan is. Stay at 170 or just take whatever decently big fights are at LW-WW

Last edited:

MF budz

All Star
Daps
I'm happy for Pettis. I've always liked him, his time is winding down though

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Lol y’all acting like Pettis didn’t fukk up Ferguson

Dudes about that life period, has fought everyone and never been knocked out or submitted, only the Holloway loss was ugly tbh

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
How is his ranking ludicrous. He only has 4 losses and 3 are in the last 2 years.(till fight in england :usure:)He's a top 5-8 ww. But he's 36 so I don't see him doing anything crazy he's about to be gatekeeper status . Also Idk why Pettis get so much hate. Is he what he used to be? No but he's still a good fighter(I'm biased he fights out of roufus sport which is my parent gym) he's gatekeeper status to though. I wonder what his game plan is. Stay at 170 or just take whatever decently big fights are at LW-WW

You basically answered my question in the first few sentences

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Just rewatched the fight and Pettis won the first round CLEARLY. It wasn’t super busy or anything but Pettis was the one bring the fight, landing leg kicks and a few body kicks the whole fight.

Just because he was bleeding people act like he was about to go 2 rounds down before the finish :smh:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That was an epic KO by Pettis, congrats to him I thought he would lose on points

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
where i normally get my links failed me like fukk last night smh:stopitslime:.....uploaded a million damn pro-wrasslin shows i dont give a fukk about...but no Pettis vs Thompson:mjcry:...made it to my local bar just in time for the main event tho:jawalrus: