UFC 4 Official Reveal Trailer

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
:pachaha:
Im just warming up to it tho creh,I havent played an MMA Game since it was on The 3
Im not Ready yet:sadcam:
Edit: PSN:PostOfcPlayboy

True yeah it really wouldn't be any point in us playing.

*One tip I forgot to mention with the other tips, especially regarding the complaints on fluidity, is to remember not to "mash" the buttons, which tends to happen in the heat of battle in fighting games. Mashing the button makes for a much slower, albeit more powerful, strike.

This is okay when your opponent is vulnerable/wobbly, but during the normal volley of back n forth striking you want to throw much quicker than that. You can do this by simply pressing the buttons. Not tapping, as that may not be enough to register, but simply press them. But do not mash it. Press it in quickly and release and your punch will come out like lightning. This is especially important to remember when throwing combos, which is what you should be throwing anyway. You will throw the most fluid combo in your life if you simply press each button in order, one after the other with just a beat in between them.

As you practice during training camp in between fights, be sure you are hitting the heavy bag. You will see exactly what I mean in the difference in long pressing the buttons and simply pressing them quickly then releasing, but controlled and in order. It gets wordy trying to explain it, just get your ass in the gym during career mode and you'll see what I mean. Main thing you will realize is that the game actually has a very fluid system of striking movements, especially if you train in real life (which is totally not necessary). The attention to distance, timing, counter striking, it's as real as ive yet to see in the franchise. One poster above moaned, "you have to be so close to them just to hit them :scusthov:"... lol welcome to realistic gameplay. You're not going to hit someone with an uppercut, if you're not inside the pocket in uppercut range. If you'd like the ability to do that, then play Street Fighter and Tekken :pachaha:

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
True yeah it really wouldn't be any point in us playing.

*One tip I forgot to mention with the other tips, especially regarding the complaints on fluidity, is to remember not to "mash" the buttons, which tends to happen in the heat of battle in fighting games. Mashing the button makes for a much slower, albeit more powerful, strike.

This is okay when your opponent is vulnerable/wobbly, but during the normal volley of back n forth striking you want to throw much quicker than that. You can do this by simply pressing the buttons. Not tapping, as that may not be enough to register, but simply press them. But do not mash it. Press it in quickly and release and your punch will come out like lightning. This is especially important to remember when throwing combos, which is what you should be throwing anyway. You will throw the most fluid combo in your life if you simply press each button in order, one after the other with just a beat in between them.

As you practice during training camp in between fights, be sure you are hitting the heavy bag. You will see exactly what I mean in the difference in long pressing the buttons and simply pressing them quickly then releasing, but controlled and in order. It gets wordy trying to explain it, just get your ass in the gym during career mode and you'll see what I mean. Main thing you will realize is that the game actually has a very fluid system of striking movements, especially if you train in real life (which is totally not necessary). The attention to distance, timing, counter striking, it's as real as ive yet to see in the franchise. One poster above moaned, "you have to be so close to them just to hit them :scusthov:"... lol welcome to realistic gameplay. You're not going to hit someone with an uppercut, if you're not inside the pocket in uppercut range. If you'd like the ability to do that, then play Street Fighter and Tekken :pachaha:
Smh you can be in clinch range and nothing will land don’t be so gassed bud

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Smh you can be in clinch range and nothing will land don’t be so gassed bud

Show me one point in this video full of clinching where they were striking at one another but "nothing will land" :heh: or you can hop back on and I can show you personally :shaq:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I’d cook each and every one of y’all in here and I haven’t played this shyt in months :pachaha:

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
@Mugen honestly bro, the game is awesome..and the fact that you can’t just hop on and throw haymakers and bob and weave with no regard to distance, timing, and your stamina- just like in real life- those are precisely the things that make it an awesome game. Honestly, you’re not going to hop on and beat someone online. The first thing you should do, is what I and everyone else did first. Walk through one or two career modes on at least Hard(or whatever is before Legendary). I just said f*ck it and did my two career modes in Legendary. You should keep playing career mode however many times it takes for you to win at least one title AND defend it. Also, it will get boring and a little redundant, but do not simulate too much of the training in between fights. You want to actually go through the training as this will not only help you in your next fight it will also build up the skills and muscle memory in your fingers that help with blocking and striking, much needed skills for when you eventually venture online. Put in the work and you will reap the rewards. Bragging rights on The Coli :blessed:
It's too repetitive...

Train.. train.. simulate somether shyt.. fight. Repeat

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can’t watch this and say the game is good lmao

I wouldn't say it's bad, but looking at the movement in that versus what they had in Fight Night Champion, it's hard not to want that level of fluidity back.

What's most frustrating is that you can play as someone like Anderson Silva (even the Prime Icon version of him), who for MMA had God tier avoidance and slipping, and his footwork and head movement just seems......off.