UFC 305 On ESPN+ PPV [8/17 at 10 pm ET] “African Born, African Bred” (Israel Adesanya/Dricus Du Plessis)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
i had no idea so many people got talked into the izzy as a champion of black folks :dead:

Thought they learned from the Tyrone Woodley vs Colby Covington disaster :mjlol:

There ain't no Cassius Clay or T'Challa walking into that octagon. Best ppl can hope for is Jones retires after beating a flabby, broken-down, inactive 43-year old Miocic, so we can crown him as GOAT and invincible in any hypotheticals vs white fighters :pachaha:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
some folks are weirdos. izzy was a great champ that happened to be black, nothing more nothing less.

stipe was a great HW champ, nothing more nothing less. champs come and go. very few last as long as Jones, GSP, Silva, Mighty Mouse. Izzy is up there, as is Khabib.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I like Alex but i have a good memory. Izzy was winning that first fight easily, and the second win was not a fukking fluke, come on. Even those kickboxing fights they had, they were close. Izzy is a hell of a fighter, to see him lose to DDP and Sean is just :dahell:
DDP and Sean are kryptonite to guys like Izzy that are elite level strikers and only focus on TDD. Constantly dealing with pressure and defending takedowns from opponents that are bigger and physically stronger than you exerts a lot of energy.

And if you can’t defend yourself on the ground then…. :francis:

Wrestling based fighters have the best endurance all in MMA.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
DDP and Sean are kryptonite to guys like Izzy that are elite level strikers and only focus on TDD. Constantly dealing with pressure and defending takedowns from opponents that are bigger and physically stronger than you exerts a lot of energy.

And if you can’t defend yourself on the ground then…. :francis:

Wrestling based fighters have the best endurance all in MMA.
Sean is not rly a wrestler. I mean, izzy been beating bigger/better fighters. Romero, Costa, Rob, Alex etc.. .
He's lost something, no way guys like Ddp and sean would have a chance against him a few years back

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Sean is not rly a wrestler. I mean, izzy been beating bigger/better fighters. Romero, Costa, Rob, Alex etc.. .
He's lost something, no way guys like Ddp and sean would have a chance against him a few years back
Sean

Has a black belt in brazillian jiujitsu

:lolbron:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
some folks are weirdos. izzy was a great champ that happened to be black, nothing more nothing less.

stipe was a great HW champ, nothing more nothing less. champs come and go. very few last as long as Jones, GSP, Silva, Mighty Mouse. Izzy is up there, as is Khabib.
You almost had me until you put Khabib in there...
He beat Dustin and Justin and a half ass Conor. That don't make him no GOAT.

All the other absolutely cleaned out their divisions. Maybe you could say Izzy didn't beat DDP, but that's one guy.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're arrogant. They want to show the world that they can stay and kickbox with him, well... they cant.
Sure, he's strong AF, so its hard to keep him down if you're not a great wrestler
Can you imagine if Alex made the transition to MMA sooner :whoo:

:dahell:It's not arrogance breh. It's resource management

Takedowns and grappling are very powerful techniques, but they have a very high cost. Taking a nikka to the ground and attempting to submit him takes enormous amounts of energy, and you can't bet everything you have on one interaction because what if your opponent escapes? Now you're gassed and still have to fight

Look back at DDP after that first takedown attempt. He was spent. It took him the whole next round to get some workable energy back. Even Izzy's corner acknowledged how tired DDP was and told him to capitalize

Takedown attempts+ an entire round of trying to grapple a whole human being is not free breh. The only exception to this rule is those Khabib ass nikkas because their conditioning(wrestling conditioning) is other worldly

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
:dahell:It's not arrogance breh. It's resource management

Takedowns and grappling are very powerful techniques, but they have a very high cost. Taking a nikka to the ground and attempting to submit him takes enormous amounts of energy, and you can't bet everything you have on one interaction because what if your opponent escapes? Now you're gassed and still have to fight

Look back at DDP after that first takedown attempt. He was spent. It took him the whole next round to get some workable energy back. Even Izzy's corner acknowledged how tired DDP was and told him to capitalize

Takedown attempts+ an entire round of trying to grapple a whole human being is not free breh. The only exception to this rule is those Khabib ass nikkas because their conditioning(wrestling conditioning) is other worldly
i know wrestling is harder than it looks but
Against Alex i think its worth the effort :yeshrug:
What's the alternative? getting hit with a left hook or a knee and going to sleep?
I remember Sean talking shyt that he can kickbox with every Glory fighter before his fight with Alex

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i know wrestling is harder than it looks but
Against Alex i think its worth the effort :yeshrug:
What's the alternative? getting hit with a left hook or a knee and going to sleep?
I remember Sean talking shyt that he can kickbox with every Glory fighter before his fight with Alex
I never said it wasn't worth it. I'm only shutting down the idea that nikkas don't spam takedown attempts out of arrogance. That's nonsense

Yes you can try to submit Alex but it's not always that simple. Again it's all resource management. Now I think UFC fighters overall conditioning is not very good and could stand to improve but that's a whole nother thread topic

But in the past 2 years nikkas take down defenses have improved a lot and that's also worth taking into consideration

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I never said it wasn't worth it. I'm only shutting down the idea that nikkas don't spam takedown attempts out of arrogance. That's nonsense

Yes you can try to submit Alex but it's not always that simple. Again it's all resource management. Now I think UFC fighters overall conditioning is not very good and could stand to improve but that's a whole nother thread topic

But in the past 2 years nikkas take down defenses have improved a lot and that's also worth taking into consideration
I guess you're right. Jan, who is considered a great wrestler took Alex down and kept him there but did nothing else
I guess only Jones, Khabib, Islam, Gsp can take their oponents down, keep them down and hurt them at the same time