Ubisoft mention they are also willing to be acquired

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
The triple A market is going to get ignored as indie games keep rising in quality.

The games making stupid money right now have been out for a while(rainbow six, fortnite, counterstrike go, overwatch, league of legends, minecraft, roblox) and weren't necessarily built on insane budgets

Among us was a hit too. These big budget blockbuster type games typically lack the staying power to keep people playing. It feels like something created with no soul.

If I'm Nintendo or Sony I'm looking at small teams and trying to buy them. I would want the next minecraft to be only available on my platform and then open it up for third party access so I get a cut from any sales on other platforms. Its a wiser investment to spend less money.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The triple A market is going to get ignored as indie games keep rising in quality.

The games making stupid money right now have been out for a while(rainbow six, fortnite, counterstrike go, overwatch, league of legends, minecraft, roblox) and weren't necessarily built on insane budgets

Among us was a hit too. These big budget blockbuster type games typically lack the staying power to keep people playing. It feels like something created with no soul.

If I'm Nintendo or Sony I'm looking at small teams and trying to buy them. I would want the next minecraft to be only available on my platform and then open it up for third party access so I get a cut from any sales on other platforms. Its a wiser investment to spend less money.

Yeah, its just a wiser investment to be on the ground floor these days. I understand why Sony bought bungie, because they want expertise in multiplayer infrastructure.

But Deviation, Haven, Firewalk, Ember Lab, Kojima, etc. make far more sense. Invest in the studio and the IP, if they take off you have it for good, if not you can wash your hands of them. By the time that happens acquisition of the company will be cheap since you already own their biggest IP and Assets, like Insomniac

Sony could grow their first party studios and output a lot more for a lot cheaper due to their partnerships.

Why spend 30 billion to buy a western publisher with a bunch of multiplatform games past their prime when you can invest less than a bill and get a bunch of new up and coming studios with veteran talent

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
In all seriousness i hope someone finally buys ubishyt, too many classic games ruined over decades by this trash company :pacspit:

I mean, no one is gonna buy ubisoft with like 10k employees and go in and dismantle and rearrange everything they’re doing. Anyone that buys them will probably leave them be for the most part with all the senior management in place.

Microsoft is gonna do the same for activision also. Don’t believe them when they say they are gonna make call of duty every 3 years, and put those teams all own their own projects and bring back a bunch of dead IP etc. etc.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Msft needs to offer them a lucrative deal for the Tom Clancy IPs. That's all. That'll be a W.
:mjlol:

i've purchased ONE Ubisoft game in the last 12 years. The Division. Very good game IMO but something was missing. Maybe it was all the enemies were exactly the same. I think Ubisoft is a middle of the pack publisher. I think most of their game worlds look boring. Only publishers worth it are Capcom, Square-enix, Take two

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:mjlol:

i've purchased ONE Ubisoft game in the last 12 years. The Division. Very good game IMO but something was missing. Maybe it was all the enemies were exactly the same. I think Ubisoft is a middle of the pack publisher. I think most of their game worlds look boring. Only publishers worth it are Capcom, Square-enix, Take two

The division had a Dope ass story:wow:

but t00 bad it was MM0 trash:scust: