Ubisoft cancel 7 games, delays Skull and Bones again

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
This is not good, boring.

Like most have said the lack of not being able to free roam/fight as Pirate is a crime.

You just sail on your boat to fight other boats. Even to get supplies etc you do it via your boat, some mini game thing pops up whilst you're on the boat to chop trees.

It's a pass from me.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This is not good, boring.

Like most have said the lack of not being able to free roam/fight as Pirate is a crime.

You just sail on your boat to fight other boats. Even to get supplies etc you do it via your boat, some mini game thing pops up whilst you're on the boat to chop trees.

It's a pass from me.
Had the formula perfect already. Just needed to take it out of assassin's creed continuity. and upgrade the visuals and somehow they still fumbled

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get they weren’t allowed to make an Assassins Creed game but they at least had the skeleton of a pirate game, I wonder why they changed direction SO many times

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
quadruple-A :pachaha:

Ubisoft CEO defends Skull and Bones’ $70 price despite its live service leanings, calls it ‘quadruple-A’​

“People will really see how vast and complete that game is”, Yves Guillemot says

During a Q&A session as part of a conference call discussing Ubisoft’s Q3 sales for its fiscal year 2024, one caller pointed out that Skull and Bones now appears to be taking a more live service approach – the game’s Year 1 roadmap was recently published, for example.

The caller asked why Ubisoft was insisting on charging $70 for the game and potentially limiting the size of its player base, suggesting a free-to-play model may better suit the live service mechanics and give it a better chance of building a community.

Guillemot replied with an assertion that Skull and Bones deserves to be a full-price game because of its scale.

“You will see that Skull and Bones is a fully-fledged game,” he said. “It’s a very big game, and we feel that people will really see how vast and complete that game is. It’s a really full, triple… quadruple-A game, that will deliver in the long run.”

An open beta for Skull and Bones started today and will run until February 11. The beta supports cross-progression and cross-play. Progression will be capped at the rank of Brigand (tier 6 rank 1) and will carry over to the full game.

Following a troubled development that saw the game delayed on a number of occasions and rebooted in 2020, Skull & Bones will be finally released on February 16, 2024 priced $69.99.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
They’ve worked on this game for 7 years?!!! HhhaaaaaaahHaaha this game looks absolutely horrifically bad.