Uahhh???FANTASTIC FOUR Has Officially Wrapped Filming

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
It really sucks that they couldn't have used the Fantastic Four in Civil War. Instead they were Embarrassed with this Movie.:snoop:

Tragic.:wow:

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
Saw it twice... thought it was horrible the first time & watched it again just to make sure I wasn't being too critical.

Was still horrible... had a lot of potential but this whole ordeal played out like "Smokejumpers"... :yeshrug:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Not even. I said what I said about it when it dropped breh. I know it's in here somewhere. Even wrote my own review on my site:yeshrug:I said my peace, I moved on.

I must have you confused with another Marty with 80 posts pre-release and 0 after :manny:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Simon Kinberg is in denial brehs :russ:

Simon Kinberg Maintains That FANTASTIC FOUR Is A "Big Part" Of Fox's Marvel Plans Moving Forward

Appearing on Josh Horowitz’s Happy Sad Confused podcast, Kinberg spoke openly about the film’s failure and one major lesson he learned about adapting this particular Marvel property:

“I don’t think that there is, in any movie that doesn’t work, a single decision that is the reason that that movie doesn’t work. I think that there were many decisions we made along the way that led to a movie that people didn’t like and to a movie that I would do differently next time. I think the biggest takeaway for me [is that] the tone of the movie, while really interesting and ambitious, ran counter to the DNA of the source material. I think the source material of Fantastic Four is bright, optimistic, poppy in tone. There’s a sort of plucky spirit to those characters, and we made a darker, sort of body-horror kind of version of Fantastic Four, which again as I say it now sounds really interesting and cerebrally ambitious, but isn’t necessarily Fantastic Four.”

It’s interesting that Kinberg pinpoints the gritty tone as one of the major problems with Fantastic Four, given that that was the major selling point of the reboot leading up to its release. While leaning into a darker take was no doubt part of an effort to differentiate this new Fantastic Four from the previous films, Kinberg’s not wrong in saying that the body-horror aspect is an interesting-sounding superhero movie. And indeed, the brief flash of body-horror we got in the finished film—directly after they return from their mission—is one of its few bright spots. But indeed, the tone overall is extremely muddled, and it feels like perhaps the extensive reshoots were an attempt to lessen the overall darkness of the film, but in execution just made the mess even messier; that humor-fueled coda feels like it’s from an entirely different movie.

But even though Fantastic Four wasn’t the franchise-starter that Fox was hoping for, Kinberg reiterates that it remains a focus for the studio’s superhero plans going forward:

“It’s a big part of the plan going forward. Like I say, the biggest lesson learned is that Fantastic Four is a great comic book that has its own tone and voice, and we need to let that lead us… I would love to continue making movies with that cast.”

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Fox holding onto FF tight like

no-gif.gif

They're gonna reboot the shyt over and over until they get it right :pachaha:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
They should have just left it alone.

If tranks version was a failure then so be it,he tried something new and it failed.

Instead they hacked the movie apart,did reshoots and all you're left with is a Frankenstein monster of a film that is clearly unfinished and strung together.

The body horror stuff was the best part of the film.