Uahhh???FANTASTIC FOUR Has Officially Wrapped Filming

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Who cares what he does BEFORE he turns into Doom?

Before he turns into Doom? Doom becomes Doom, he's a man who didn't fall into his powers by accident or became the head of a sovereign nation because he was born into it. He achieved all that because his aspirations and willpower are endless. So yeah, it actually is a pretty big damn deal if it's true that he's just some nobody computer programmer.

BEFORE he turns into doom? :dahell: doom is a mufukkin lifestyle not a phase breh :pacspit:

:salute:

Yea.... I agree... Victor Von Doom doesnt just put on an iron mask and a cape and BECOMES DOOM. Its the journey......

His journey to who he becomes is greater than Spiderman, Batman, and practically every comic character combined

:damn:
:whew:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
has there been any talk regarding the Storms being Black and White sister and brother? I hope they don't explain shyt in the movie and just go along with it as no big deal.

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
has there been any talk regarding the Storms being Black and White sister and brother? I hope they don't explain shyt in the movie and just go along with it as no big deal.

From what I have seen on the net (outside this forum), bytching about this (along with Johnny being black) is the most common form discourse/reaction when this movie is brought up. People just go on and on about them being siblings of different races, pretending that they've never heard of the concept of adoption.

It's really not something they can gloss over in film without pissing a lot of people off, general audiences are going to want an explanation of how they are related.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Apparently Susan is adopted in this shyt.

:snoop:
From what I have seen on the net (outside this forum), bytching about this (along with Johnny being black) is the most common form discourse/reaction when this movie is brought up. People just go on and on about them being siblings of different races, pretending that they've never heard of the concept of adoption.

It's really not something they can gloss over in film without pissing a lot of people off, general audiences are going to want an explanation of how they are related.

if they had any balls at all they wouldn't explain shyt. people can suspend disbelief for a Rockman but not sibs of different races. :pacspit: fukk em

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/22/michael-b-jordan-fantastic-four-race

I know not everyone will agree with this. Well hopefully most of us do anyway. But that aside its a really good read and message from Michael B Jordan and how he feels about being Johnny:salute:

You’re not supposed to go on the Internet when you’re cast as a superhero. But after taking on Johnny Storm in Fantastic Four—a character originally written with blond hair and blue eyes—I wanted to check the pulse out there. I didn’t want to be ignorant about what people were saying. Turns out this is what they were saying: “A black guy? I don’t like it. They must be doing it because Obama’s president” and “It’s not true to the comic.” Or even, “They’ve destroyed it!”

It used to bother me, but it doesn’t anymore. I can see everybody’s perspective, and I know I can’t ask the audience to forget 50 years of comic books. But the world is a little more diverse in 2015 than when the Fantastic Four comic first came out in 1961. Plus, if Stan Lee writes an email to my director saying, “You’re good. I’m okay with this,” who am I to go against that?

Some people may look at my casting as political correctness or an attempt to meet a racial quota, or as part of the year of “Black Film.” Or they could look at it as a creative choice by the director, Josh Trank, who is in an interracial relationship himself—a reflection of what a modern family looks like today.

This is a family movie about four friends—two of whom are myself and Kate Mara as my adopted sister—who are brought together by a series of unfortunate events to create unity and a team. That’s the message of the movie, if people can just allow themselves to see it.

Sometimes you have to be the person who stands up and says, “I’ll be the one to shoulder all this hate. I’ll take the brunt for the next couple of generations.” I put that responsibility on myself. People are always going to see each other in terms of race, but maybe in the future we won’t talk about it as much. Maybe, if I set an example, Hollywood will start considering more people of color in other prominent roles, and maybe we can reach the people who are stuck in the mindset that “it has to be true to the comic book.” Or maybe we have to reach past them.

To the trolls on the Internet, I want to say: Get your head out of the computer. Go outside and walk around. Look at the people walking next to you. Look at your friends’ friends and who they’re interacting with. And just understand this is the world we live in. It’s okay to like it.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/22/michael-b-jordan-fantastic-four-race

I know not everyone will agree with this. Well hopefully most of us do anyway. But that aside its a really good read and message from Michael B Jordan and how he feels about being Johnny:salute:

For me, it's not whether or not we see black actors in more prominent roles. That's not gonna happen anyway, until black actors start looking outside of "black movies" (comedies, romantic comedies, hood flicks, biopics, and black family drama). But I'd rather them cast character that at least look the part (historically how they're drawn) and black people flock to the already created minority characters to help bring them into prominence. There are more than enough. But comics and geeky ish still isn't embraced in the hood...the movies are, but not the source material.

But of course people will complain. It's not about race as much as it is resembling the source material in looks. Optimus? Bumblebee? Splinter and Turtles in new movie? There's a reason that there was more backlash about those than Michael Clarke Duncan

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
For me, it's not whether or not we see black actors in more prominent roles. That's not gonna happen anyway, until black actors start looking outside of "black movies" (comedies, romantic comedies, hood flicks, biopics, and black family drama). But I'd rather them cast character that at least look the part (historically how they're drawn) and black people flock to the already created minority characters to help bring them into prominence. There are more than enough. But comics and geeky ish still isn't embraced in the hood...the movies are, but not the source material.

But of course people will complain. It's not about race as much as it is resembling the source material in looks. Optimus? Bumblebee? Splinter and Turtles in new movie? There's a reason that there was more backlash about those than Michael Clarke Duncan

And to me him resembling source material is more about his character not his looks. There's nothing about Johnny that says he has to be white. His character isn't rooted in his ethnicity like black panther or Luke cage; when I think of Johnny the first thing isn't "white" it's "cocky hothead" and last I checked you don't need to be white to be that