U.S. general predicts war with China in 2025, tells officers to get ready

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Courtney Kube and Mosheh Gains
Fri, January 27, 2023 at 8:47 PM EST·3 min read

A four-star Air Force general sent a memo on Friday to the officers he commands that predicts the U.S. will be at war with China in two years and tells them to get ready to prep by firing "a clip" at a target, and "aim for the head."

In the memo sent Friday and obtained by NBC News, Gen. Mike Minihan, head of Air Mobility Command, said, “I hope I am wrong. My gut tells me will fight in 2025.”
Air Mobility Command has nearly 50,000 service members and nearly 500 planes and is responsible for transport and refueling.

Minihan said in the memo that because both Taiwan and the U.S. will have presidential elections in 2024, the U.S. will be “distracted,” and Chinese President Xi Jinping will have an opportunity to move on Taiwan.

He lays out his goals for preparing, including building “a fortified, ready, integrated, and agile Joint Force Maneuver Team ready to fight and win inside the first island chain.”

The signed memo is addressed to all air wing commanders in Air Mobility Command and other Air Force operational commanders, and orders them to report all major efforts to prepare for the China fight to Minihan by Feb. 28.

During the month of February, he directs all AMC personnel to “fire a clip into a 7-meter target with the full understanding that unrepentant lethality matters most. Aim for the head.” He also orders all personnel to update their records and emergency contacts.

In March he directs all AMC personnel to “consider their personal affairs and whether a visit should be scheduled with their servicing base legal office to ensure they are legally ready and prepared.”

Minihan urges them to accept some risk in training. “Run deliberately, not recklessly,” he writes, but later adds, “If you are comfortable in your approach to training, then you are not taking enough risk.”

He also provides a window into one capability the U.S. is considering for possible conflict with China — commercial drone swarms. He directs the KC-135 units to prepare for “delivering 100 off-the-shelf size and type UAVs from a single aircraft.”

After publication of this article, a defense department official said, “These comments are not representative of the department’s view on China.”

An AMC spokesperson confirmed in a statement Friday that the memo is real: “This is an authentic internal memo from General Minihan addressed to his subordinate command teams. His order builds on last year’s foundational efforts by Air Mobility Command to ready the Mobility Air Forces for future conflict, should deterrence fail.”

Defense Department press secretary Brig. Gen. Patrick Ryder said in a statement, “The National Defense Strategy makes clear that China is the pacing challenge for the Department of Defense and our focus remains on working alongside allies and partners to preserve a peaceful, free and open Indo-Pacific.”

In March 2021, Adm. Philip Davidson, then commander of the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command, told a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing that “Taiwan is clearly one of [China’s] ambitions.

I think the threat is manifest during this decade, in fact, in the next six years,” said Davidson.

When asked earlier this month whether a Chinese invasion of Taiwan was imminent, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, said, “What we’re seeing recently, is some very provocative behavior on the part of China’s forces and their attempt to re-establish a new normal.”

“But whether or not that means that an invasion is imminent,” said Austin, “I seriously doubt that."

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s like the stage is set for an inevitable war. So long as Putin is alive Ukraine will continue to suffer and will eventually concede.

And Taiwan makes sense for China to annex. But the bloodshed required will be the reason one nation becomes triumphant and another defeated.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
unless apple, google, amazon, and microsoft say there's going to be a war, there isn't going to be a fukking war

the american government and its political machine is owned by corporations. corporations, in general, gain nothing from war.

proxy wars might happen, like the one in syria, but nuclear armed countries will not fight each other. this is sensationalist garbage

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This ain't nothing but saber rattling to scare the Chinese :mjlol:

Which I'm glad. About time we start trying to scare them instead of them scaring coli brehs constantly :francis:

Every time I look up, one of yall is going :damn: and wetting your pants over some propaganda released by China or Russia
Nah it’s to scare the American public to give them more money. They don’t have Russia to be the big boogie man anymore because everyone knows theyre washed and normally war hungry Republicans semi-identify with them because they are sort of white, so they have to build up China which is literally surrounded by enemies even without the US there.

They will do a war game before the next major congressional bill passss that shows China will easily beat the US navy and thus we must give more money to the military!

Daps
Nah it’s to scare the American public to give them more money. They don’t have Russia to be the big boogie man anymore because everyone knows theyre washed and normally war hungry Republicans semi-identify with them because they are sort of white, so they have to build up China which is literally surrounded by enemies even without the US there.

They will do a war game before the next major congressional bill passss that shows China will easily beat the US navy and thus we must give more money to the military!

No.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
When WW3 doesn't start, will you come back and admit that you were wrong?

Trust me, breh.

Just keep yourself updated - the US is deploying its largest fleet of aircraft to Germany since NATO was created in June. Axis & alliances are already being formed.

Anyway, by the time it kicks off - I’d be in Namibia or Aruba smoking fat Cubans in Hawaiian shirts - with big booty bytches twerking on my dikk.:myman:

You can get drafted to go fight in WW1-esque trenches in brutal weather. The white man’s war isn’t my war.