U Remind Me of a Game That I Once Knew - Glock Purdy v Taylor Gang - Super Bowl LVIII game thread

Who will win Super Bowl LVIII?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Lol... He's reaching. Literally 2 people picked the Niners and everybody else picked the Chiefs, but he's going to use the 2 people who chose the Niners as "motivation"?

If he knows 2 people out of 20 picked the Niners, then he knows everybody else picked the Chiefs. This shyt is fake motivation. Clown shyt
That’s what made jordan, Kobe, Brady etc the GOATs. They would find some janitor from Venezuela that picked against them and use that as motivation for the entire season :mjlol:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow this is getting serious. Petty Pat not playing with these dudes no more. :damn: :damn:

giphy.gif

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Will be interesting to see if KC/Spags tries to run more 6-1 to combat San Fransciso's diverse run game/formations like Pats/Bill did the Rams in that SB. They can't run it as much as the Pats did obv but they got the horses in the secondary to try to hang with the WRs a lil at least. They've ran it sparingly throughout the season plus increased it's usage vs the Dolphins in the WC.

SF2a.jpg

Sure they gonna be borrowing form both that Pats vs Rams gameplan plus their own in games vs Dolphins and 49ers (in the past) a lot.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
-Not paying a lick of attention to Super Bowl week festivities :banderas:>>>

-I just can’t bet against Mahomes.

-You can’t ask for a better CB duo to go against Aiyuk and Deebo than Snead and Mcduffie.

I got Chiefs in what casuals will call a snooze fest. 20-16. Lot of field goals

MVP Mahomes but the ‘shoulda been mvp’ will be Pacheco. Or one of Snead/Mcduffie

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Just a reminder, you can pick the 49ers but don’t bet against the Goat you’ll feel dumb after

I bet on the Chiefs moneyline. So don't quote me after the game is over. I will be hundreds of dollars up IF the Chiefs win... but I will be happier with a Niners Super Bowl :blessed:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@DropTopDoc Interesting tidbits :ehh:

This year, with McCaffrey, Aiyuk, Deebo, Kittle, and Williams all on the field—491 of San Francisco’s 1,154 plays—the Niners are averaging 7.2 yards per play. They have a success rate of 51.7 percent and an expected points added per play of 0.21. For perspective: The league-leading numbers in those metrics are 6.5 yards per play, a success rate of 48.6 percent, and an EPA per play of 0.15. And they’re all held by the 49ers.
Next Gen Stats: No team runs more condensed formations than the 49ers. Their average formation width this season was 19.9 yards, which is the lowest of any offense and the lowest ever from a Shanahan-led 49ers team. The 49ers’ commitment to condensed formations is a by-product of their long-standing offensive philosophy:
same_lineup_different_looks.png

Purdy has been the NFL’s best quarterback against the blitz this season, by total EPA and yards per dropback, but Spagnuolo’s blitzing style is unique across the league. Kansas City paired a five-man rush with two-high zone coverage on 90 snaps this season. That’s 45 more than the next-closest team.

They’ll do it against condensed formations, with two corners flying off the edge.

And they’ll do it when teams get into empty sets. [
MEDIA=youtube]adSokUe7TP4[/MEDIA]

spspags_2_high_pressures.png
This style works particularly well against empty formations, and Kansas City defended those formations about as well as any team this season, averaging 0.22 defensive EPA per dropback with a 70 percent success rate. Both were top-five marks against empty during the regular season, per TruMedia.