U know ur broke when...

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
I was broke a few times in college even though I had a weekend job at the grocery store. I never went hungry though. Pops put $100 in my account every month for groceries, and I picked up food every weekend from my mom. :salute: to excellent parents.

$100 a month for groceries?

wut tha hell you get for $100 that supplied you for tha whole month?

I eat off tha dollar menu and still run thru 200 a week :smh:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
$100 a month for groceries?

wut tha hell you get for $100 that supplied you for tha whole month?

I eat off tha dollar menu and still run thru 200 a week :smh:

Eating off the dollar menu is why you're running through 200 a week. Well eating out period is probably fukking you up.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
-You eat oatmeal pies and 2 liter whatevers on sale for a whole semester...but STILL found money to blow trees tho lol (true story, I ate oatmeal pies for a whole semester cuz they USED to cost $1.25 a box)

-You hand wash a shirt cuz you don't have money for the laundry downstairs in your dorm

-You make a "pot-luck" of whatever you have in the fridge (made dumb soups and stews this way lol)

-You know the EXACT amount of whatever you're getting at McDonalds/BK/Wendy's (tell me I'm lying...when you got money you don't care what those meals cost but when you broke you like "well, if I get the extra McChicken with these 2 cheeseburgers and fries, it should only be $4.36 with the added 6% tax")

-When your boys go out and you make up funny excuses so you aren't "the broke nikka tagging along" ("Nah I can't go, my speech professor want us to WRITE a 20 page paper due tomorrow:childplease:")

ahhh the college days :ahh: wouldn't trade em for nothing...and i still was blowing loud and even hitting a couple chicks all with little to no bread :win:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wuts cheaper than tha dollar menu?

Buying things from the grocery store. You can get 6 ramen for $1 and eat 6 times vs. once. Beans and rice is really cheap. For less than $5 you can get 7-8 meals, again cheaper than $1 per meal.

Cooking your own food typically runs you less in the long term. You may spend $20 on one trip but you have a week or more worth of food.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
During college I was fortunate to not have to get into debt to pay for school and I lived at home and commutted to campus. The brokest I been though was when I was renting out budget trucks part time on the weekends (I did it full time the summer after freshman year in Baltimore and then in DC) and that job was purely paid on comission every month. So it was good in the summer and early fall. We'd do $30k revenue and we keep a quarter out of every transaction. I'd be getting paid a couple Gs.. but then winter crept up and business got mad slow. One month I only took home like $400 which was ok cause I was younger and in school with no bills other than just getting my gas or routine car maintenance.

But then, there was a mishap with receiving the money cause some paper work for a part of the month wasn't sent. No one realized this till late January and then I was basically working for free till March when it got resolved. :smh:

That couple months was horrible. It was early 2009 so gas was under $2 a gallon and $20 filled my tank up :blessed: but I just hated asking my pops for even $20... it was a horrible time. But then the semester started and I got my financial aid refund which helped :yes:

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
This is the kind of struggle thread I cannot relate to or cosign.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N_N2GQrDoE[/ame]

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
image.php

Elevated16

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when you get gas a couple days before you get paid, and you make sure to hit credit (using your debit card at the pump) so they wont take the money out for a couple days.
it usuall yonly holds a dollar......ftw

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
-You hand wash a shirt cuz you don't have money for the laundry downstairs in your dorm

yo, the dudes in my dorm would tape denal floss around quarters and pull on them as you pushed them into the machine.

coinboxguards2.jpg

we did that shyt for a whole year.
whoever came to collect from those machines must have been like :skip:

we came back after winter break and they put in the machines that you needed an electronic card to operate.

we all looked at it like :scusthov:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Man just now I was craving the fukk outta Subway for dinner. But then walked past the Papa Johns right next to it and they're doin a student special for a large cheese pizza for 6.99 +tax. Eventhough a nikka was craving Subway a nikka budget was in the cut lookin at a nikka like :usure:. :ufdup: why pay the same thing for less food. Had to go with the pizza :sadcam:.

Them nikkas aint even cut my shyt right. At least a nikka got some leftovers for dinner tomorrow...:why: Subway get rid of the $5 longs and doing this dumbass "footlong" of the month. Every month I check and it's some whack ass footlong too, like nikka you can keep your coldcut combo :scusthov:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
An additive to my post before. I just now go into the kitchen and my white roomate is over here experimenting with new recipes and shyt. I see this nikka making macaroni on one stove and pan frying chicken patties on another, with Buffalo Sauce on the counter. This nikka said he making Mac & Cheese with chicken and Buffalo Sauce in it :scusthov:.

This nikka wasting food, "experimenting" and shyt :pacspit: while Im over here making life decisions between Subway and Papa Johns, life aint fair brehs :to: