u cant honestly say Illmatic is a better album than the Chronic

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the Chronic is argubly the best produced album ever... the way the songs flow into eachother is seemless.... Snoop, Kurupt, Rage, and Rbx were Beast at spittin.... we never heard rapping like that over such Westcoast sounding production.... and the mixing of this album raised the bar for sound quality in rap music

the Chronic changed the way n1ggaz in the hood lived and dressed

Dr. Dre - Stranded on Death Row - YouTube

Dr.Dre - Lyrical Gangbang - YouTube

Let Me Ride Full Uncut Video :ahh:
Dr Dre - Let Me Ride - YouTube

snoop-dr.dre_.jpg

Co-sign

The Chronic is like listening to classic cinema on record. The listening experience plays out like a movie does. Everything on it is perfect, from the lyrics to the production. I would even say that not only is it better than Illmatic but it's the best Hip Hop album of all time but then again The Chronic is my favorite Hip Hop album of all time.

It's also the only Hip Hop album that I have three copies of; 1.) on ipod, 2.) on c.d. that I keep for the car. and 3.) an extra copy still in plastic just in case I lose my ipod or c.d. that I keep in my car.

AV Dicey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Juan Roberto's bald spot
Illmatic is better than the chronic
...as a hiphop album to a purist, but musically, the Chronic is a much better album, the extreme ignorance, coupled with the reactionary pro black message (those were the days). Illmatic showcases hiphop in its essence, The Chronic, on the other hand is the black experience. The good doctor's true talent was to capture the zeitgeist.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
nikkas can't enjoy nothin without tearing down something else :smh: why can't you just enjoy both?

CHAIN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cabo Verde
Illmatic is the best hip hop album ever to me, right next to ob4cl & the infamous..

but nothing on illmatic can fukk with let me ride or nothin but a g thing

and I'm talking about the ‘music‘ ,snoop & dre‘s vocals are part of the music too.

Daps
Why do dudes think so highly of themselves that they always have to argue opinions like their facts? :snoop:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dres one of the most underrated rappers ever

i dont look at him as an MC, he doesnt even write his shyt right? but as just a rap artist, flow-delivery-voice hes definitely up there

phatphuck

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lyrics : illmatic >>> chronic
production : chronic > illmatic

but i enjoy both just as much, depending on what i feel like on the day