Tyrant (FX Series/Official Thread)

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yea at first I thought maybe he has a really cold blank personality for his character.....but then I realized it was his acting. He seems like he's either smart peacekeeper or flashback cold deer in headlight guy. That's boring.....he needs some kind of edge that lets us know the depth of his character or else the show won't work.

At least Jamal has different depths. He cheats on his wife but hates that she doesn't love him....which I think is a setup for her really loving Barry.

Any body see this being a cane and Abel archetype story?

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
I'm still in on this show, but I'm worried about what they're doing with Bassam, and dude playing him needs to step it up. He's coming off soft and as having no depth. The show won't work unless they fix this, Jamal and Layla can only carry so much.

The more I think about this it just seems like a huge casting error that is going to cost this show from being what it should be.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode was pretty good, a few things bothered me tho. It just seems off to me how like the kids and Jamal are speaking English in some scene. I understand why it has to be that way, but still it would seem more authentic if they spoke Arabic. Especially some arguments and and the more emotional scenes. Also Barry isn't really capturing me at all. Idk if it's the scenes and the dialogue, or just his acting. Maybe it'll be better when there's more for him to do, and he can boss up.
It doesn't though.

Both Homeland and The Bridge have scenes with extensive foreign language speaking.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How could Jamal fukk around with a bad wife like Leila:noah: But, with the flashback of her showing Bassam her goods:patrice:. lends further credence to these hoes ain't loyal:ehh: His family is every caricature of American privileged cacs:pacspit: Those young Arab boys were bold:ohhh:, but they didn't execute (no pun) their plan properly:whoa: That scene of them getting popped was visceral:damn: Imagine if those Islamic laws were implemented in Chiraq:lupe: Those "no hope for the future" nikkas would think twice of brandishing guns:ufdup:, if they knew the repercussions would be one slug to the dome:whew:

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I can't be the only one who hates the actor playing the main character...dude is doing a TERRIBLE job of being torn inside...he's ruining the show tbh

if you're going to get a white actor to play barry, he should at least be good.

Not saying dude is the best actor but the writing isn't helping him either. By now he should be all the way "in" with staying in the country and becoming a leader. Why is he still on the fence about everything? During the hostage situation- after talking to the kids and saving his nephew's wife, what if he was the one who shot the kids instead of the other guy?.. we would've all been like :wtf::ohhh::gladbron::ooh::blessed:

That's what I thought was going to happen but nah they still got him waffling, slow to react, torn and dim witted. He doesn't know his right from his left. Since they're taking pages from The Godfather script, Micheal Corleone ditched the nice guy act at the blink of an eye and was down to merk anyone anytime if they f*cked with his family. This dude is still walking around like:lupe: Yeah his acting isn't great but the writing isn't helping him at all either.