Tyler Perry needs to pack up and shut down that movie studio….. don’t do anything more in fact all BP with any money or influence need to go away

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
He's a filmmaker and artist he can make whatever he wants.

He seems to be supporting the right way with the dollar all that other shyt is noise.

I do wish that he would stop with the over potty produced comedy and try to tackle some uncomfortable issues but that's not everyone's goal so meh.

What is that pastor doing besides peddling hating bs and taxing his own community? Does he provide jobs ?

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Drag was in the entertainment industry way before Tyler Perry, and it’s not like there’s been some big influx of drag entertainment in the black community since Tyler Perry.

How do we have more smoke for Tyler Perry than we have for Jay-Z and Puffy who endorse and promote liquor and weed to black folks everyday?

His writing on his BET+ shows is way more problematic (and vulgar) than his Madea movies. At least those have some type of positive message in them.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I think there some truth to what he's saying but if you want to go there, if Tyler introduced and got black people comfortable with drag a lot of the black preachers introduce and got black people comfortable with sorcery/witchcraft. Remove the speck first....

He just ethered his own church :heh:

:heh:

His church ladies really didn't just hear him set them on fire?:heh::bryan:

Yeah, you can tell he one of those "ignant" preachers with that fat black women line.

It's on them though if they want to sit up under a shepherd that's a "mocker".

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didnt have any issue with Tyler,until those clips of weird sex scenes he was orchestrating starting coming out:scust:#SickPuppyshyt

Thats when I knew he was a deviant. And putting that stuff in your films and shows. Making black actors participate in that degrading nonsense? We cant support that at all.

Go be a deviant at home,get a coli account and camp out in JBO all day. But using your power to ruin actors,leaving them no hope of future careers? Hes out of pocket and Clifton Powell was right.

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
Drag was in the entertainment industry way before Tyler Perry, and it’s not like there’s been some big influx of drag entertainment in the black community since Tyler Perry.

How do we have more smoke for Tyler Perry than we have for Jay-Z and Puffy who endorse and promote liquor and weed to black folks everyday?

His writing on his BET+ shows is way more problematic (and vulgar) than his Madea movies. At least those have some type of positive message in them.
Devils advocate.
Are they targeting the Black Church as an audience or any before them?

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Can't act like Madea wasn't a product of Sheneneh, Wanda, Geraldine Jones, Noxeema Jackson...
Ving Rhames was even in drag. Tyler Perry brought it in the church for the millennium. Preacher is right though.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Tyler Perry's product is dog shyt. He makes movies from the vantage point of a sexually abused boy, by men and women, because he was the product of a single mother home.

So all his movies are for the audience he knows, a dysfunctional audience that created him and his trauma

Now I can say that and have nothing but respect for his business acumen in recognizing, cultivating, and profiting from that audience that he knows

But I will never watch his movies or support a product he makes if I feel that product is not for me. And that's the same for anyone, it's why I cancelled Disney Plus and stopped buying star wars merch after Kathleen raped the franchise. It's why I stopped buying star trek merch after jj raped the franchise, it's why I will not support any tc adaption of lotr as long as Amazon runs it, and etc.

I respect Tyler as a black man making money and I have enough respect to look at him as a equal and hold him to the same standard I would hold anyone else to.

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
I don’t think the church would be their main target audience, but their audience is people who should probably go to church
Agree to disagree they shouldn't even be in the discussion.
The average Christian looks at Tyler as more rightous than them and that is the audience he speaking to, not a Hip Hop Summit.
Hate the Pastor but don't hate the message...

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Tyler Perry is wack.

But here's the thing.

There is a huge audience that consumes his output. Just like music I consider wack.

SOHH

there's regular wack - people simply don't fukc wit at all.

then there's pop wack - low brow material that's not liked by critics, but loved by the masses.

Are the masses wrong somehow? Of course not. People like what they like. Those who can sell to a wide audience are actually more important than the critic who sits back and judges.

Now. If I meet someone who genuinely loves Tyler Perry.. I don't think we can be friends. But that's for my own little purposes.

Let him cook. And if granma and auntie nem get a kick out of it, I'm all for it.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Agree to disagree they shouldn't even be in the discussion.
The average Christian looks at Tyler as more rightous than them and that is the audience he speaking to, not a Hip Hop Summit.
Hate the Pastor but don't hate the message...
Where do you get that notion of what you think the avg church goes thinks?