Ty Lue gets contract extension from the Clippers, one of the highest paid coaches in NBA

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm surprised Lue re-upped. Ballmer must have made an offer he couldn't refuse because Lue's seemed super frustrated with the constant injuries the past couple years and that isn't going to change with that group.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
That little "Clipps are interested in CP3 or Lowery" leak might be from the front office hoping that Russ opts out. There's no way he's playing over Bones next season and without question he's not down for some DNP's or bottom barrel spot minutes. I think its 70% chance that PG is resigning. Ballmer doesn't want him to walk and we get nothing in return.
I'm conflicted about the whole Russ thing. I'd probably prefer him to Lowry who last I saw was washed or close to it and I probably prefer him to CP3 because he no longer looked like he had much juice. That being said, how different would our looks have been this season if instead of the Russ minutes we had someone that could space the floor. If we get CP3 he might be as bad as Russ as far as wanting a bigger role. Lowry would probably be fine with it but that's cause he's probably washed.

I don't see what team is out there ready to make Russ be the guy or the second guy. A lot of moving parts right now not to mention James Harden and possible Zu extension.

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He's earned that.

Blowing the 3-1 lead vs. Denver in the Bubble is a pretty bad moment for Kawhi, Paul, and himself.
Outside of that, I can't blame him for their shortcomings. Kawhi is always hurt when they need him.

They can't make any type of noise without Kawhi. PG and role players isn't doing it.
Coaching situation is much better than their roster construction at the moment.
That was Doc Rivers, Lue got hired right after

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I'm surprised Lue re-upped. Ballmer must have made an offer he couldn't refuse because Lue's seemed super frustrated with the constant injuries the past couple years and that isn't going to change with that group.
His primary gripe was the constant complaining about needing a PG and the load management/not trying in regular season. Don't really see how that changes they probably go back to MORE load management given ages of Hardrn, Pg, and Kawhi. They were all breaking down by end of playoffs. I'm sure Lue will have an easier time dealing with the frustration when he looks at his bank account. Ballmer has also been helping with lues hometown: LA Clippers owner Steve Ballmer brainstorms with coach Tyronn Lue to help his hometown

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I salute them re-upping him as coach because he isn’t the major problem LA has. And there isn't a better coach out there available...

But his resume is shaky. He wins a lot of games in the regular season then gets to the postseason and at times looks confused. Again, not the biggest problem they have. But he's gonna have to validate this big contract sooner than later...

The post-LeBron resume has proven he's a really good coach, but it's in a league with a bunch of mid coaches. Joe Mazzulla is coaching in a Finals. Lue's post-LeBron resume is looking Spoelstra-ish, in Spo's first four non-LeBron years he was missed playoffs and Rd1 L's too...

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I'm conflicted about the whole Russ thing. I'd probably prefer him to Lowry who last I saw was washed or close to it and I probably prefer him to CP3 because he no longer looked like he had much juice. That being said, how different would our looks have been this season if instead of the Russ minutes we had someone that could space the floor. If we get CP3 he might be as bad as Russ as far as wanting a bigger role. Lowry would probably be fine with it but that's cause he's probably washed.

I don't see what team is out there ready to make Russ be the guy or the second guy. A lot of moving parts right now not to mention James Harden and possible Zu extension.
Russ just needs to go back to Washington. In reality, the rumored Miami move from before he went to Houston should have been the move.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I can actually see a team eventually trading for him if he doesn’t want to go through an inevitable rebuild.

It’s guaranteed financial security even if it gets fired.