Twitter will charge $20/month for a blue check. Team tasked with implementing it has until November 7th

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being verified on Twitter meant you were somebody. like an actor/actress, musician, journalist, singer, politician, etc. It's status and prestige...that blue check...
When everybody has it, it becomes meaningless.

I mean doesn't it still? I feel like the majority of blue check marks were legit and there were a few outliers. I don't think this payment method is gonna keep the fake blue check marks from having a check mark but what it can do is keep struggling actors/musicians/journalist from not being able to pay that fee.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Makes no sense.....they gonna take verification away from the likes of rihanna and bieber because they aint pay no funky 20 dollars? :mjlol:

Even if twitter has 100k users with that blue check mark and all of them paid thats like 24 mill a year....aint getting your 44 bill back like that Elon:mjgrin:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Being verified on Twitter meant you were somebody. like an actor/actress, musician, journalist, singer, politician, etc. It's status and prestige...that blue check...
When everybody has it, it becomes meaningless.

Thank you and I am glad. Now these ignorant famous b*stards who tweet and retweet shyt can't automatically get their dumb ass comments trending cause they got a blue check.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Makes no sense.....they gonna take verification away from the likes of rihanna and bieber because they aint pay no funky 20 dollars? :mjlol:

Even if twitter has 100k users with that blue check mark and all of them paid thats like 24 mill a year....aint getting your 44 bill back like that Elon:mjgrin:
He's gonna take em private and fire half the company then take it public again in the next great bull market. Quote this :sas2:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Elon-Musk-gif.gif

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People will pay
especially if blue checks can only be dmed by other blue checks
see black Amex linkedin premium etc
certainly some will, no way all of them will tho and some of them will leave the platform.

we'll see if it's enough to make a difference :patrice: