Twitter is now known as X

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I agree with this, there was too much negativity around the twitter name.....all we kept hearing was 'twitter is dying....it's finished' etc.

Re-brand to X is something new and interesting, considering the direction they want to go in.
Be retarded brehs.

The thing that is keeping Twitter alive right now brand loyalty. The thing that's killing it are the changes and atmosphere.

It makes no sense to help people view it as a new entity when it has turned to shyt and alternatives are hitting market.

The Observer

All Star
Daps
Be retarded brehs.

The thing that is keeping Twitter alive right now brand loyalty. The thing that's killing it are the changes and atmosphere.

It makes no sense to help people view it as a new entity when it has turned to shyt and alternatives are hitting market.
Most users hate the ‘twitter’ brand, the functionality and audience is what kept them on the platform.

What are you even talking about
:mjlol:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What do you mean?
:dead:
Firstly static shock your avi is a perfect example of the early 00s xtreme caricature. didn't dude use fighting roller blading super villains while surfing/skateboarding into battle?
shyt was more cowabunga than ninja turtles. :mjlol:
images

Secondly; you literally added X to his name :dead:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
:dead:
Firstly static shock your avi is a perfect example of the early 00s xtreme caricature. didn't dude use fighting roller blading super villains while surfing into battle?
shyt was more cowabunga than ninja turtles. :mjlol:
images

Secondly; you literally Add X to his name :dead:
OK, I see what you're getting at. However, the Static picture in my avi is from Young Justice, not the OG cartoon.

Also, the X is in reference to Malcolm X.

Also, I'm not an internationally known social media app, lol

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
Be retarded brehs.

What’s keeping Twitter alive is that it’s still the best social media site of it’s kind. Every single Twitter competitor has failed, including Zuckerberg’s Safeway Select version. :mjlol:

People will complain about how much they hate Twitter, and they’ll still keep using it. And that was already a thing before Musk bought it.

Changing the name will have no effect on this. These tech companies change their name all the time anyway. Facebook changed to Meta and nobody gave a fukk. People still call it Facebook anyway.

Daps
Had a brief convo about it with a coworker and he helped me understand it just a little.

Basically anything X is already associated with elon, like spaceX, X.ai, etc. This branding will more easily allow people to identify the elon musk ecosystem, which is important for cross funding and stocks. For example, successful spaceX rocket launches increased the stock of Tesla. This is an attempt to do that.

Plus if spaceX really takes off in a big way and becomes the go-to place for space travel, twitter will become the official interplanetary news channel. Sounds futuristic and weird, but that seems to be the goal
Except the most valuable company he owns (Tesla) has no mention of the letter X in its name