Twitter is now known as X

The Observer

All Star
Daps
twitter needed a rebranding. x is a symbol that’s traditionally reflected something undefinable, something shrouded in mystery.

it could work.

:yeshrug:

I agree with this, there was too much negativity around the twitter name.....all we kept hearing was 'twitter is dying....it's finished' etc.

Re-brand to X is something new and interesting, considering the direction they want to go in.

if Twitter was a public company I’d invest right now . It’s been dogged hard as hell but like we’ve seen there isn’t anyone out there that can take its spot (Threads :mjlol:)

This is like when everyone was piling on META a few months ago …Same with Netflix

Like I said in another the next “king” is gonna be the platform that gets WEB 3.0
Right … Threads ain’t that,Bluesky ain’t that (yet ) Mastodon isn’t either.
First thing that came to my mind too lol

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
R.526a7cb015963db5781464068c298393

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Why would you change such a recognizable brand :mindblown: to fulfill some type of weird fantasy.
Had a brief convo about it with a coworker and he helped me understand it just a little.

Basically anything X is already associated with elon, like spaceX, X.ai, etc. This branding will more easily allow people to identify the elon musk ecosystem, which is important for cross funding and stocks. For example, successful spaceX rocket launches increased the stock of Tesla. This is an attempt to do that.

Plus if spaceX really takes off in a big way and becomes the go-to place for space travel, twitter will become the official interplanetary news channel. Sounds futuristic and weird, but that seems to be the goal

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Had a brief convo about it with a coworker and he helped me understand it just a little.

Basically anything X is already associated with elon, like spaceX, X.ai, etc. This branding will more easily allow people to identify the elon musk ecosystem, which is important for cross funding and stocks. For example, successful spaceX rocket launches increased the stock of Tesla. This is an attempt to do that.

Plus if spaceX really takes off in a big way and becomes the go-to place for space travel, twitter will become the official interplanetary news channel. Sounds futuristic and weird, but that seems to be the goal

Everyone knows that but it's still to bury a brand as strong as Twitter when really the last thing it has going for it is its name. Not to mention "tweet/retweet" are just good ways define what you actually do on the platform.

Sometimes brand synergy isn't worth what people think it is. That would be like the New England Patriots rebranding to the New England Cheeseheads or the Boston Razor Blades because the Krafts own them.

That would be stupid...wouldn't it?