Essential TV Cancellations,Renewals,Ratings, Pilots And General Discussion Thread

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
i wonder if rosanne will personally call all the cast and crew to apologize for making them lose those good ABC checks? :lupe:
Sarah Gilbert got that CBS check with the Talk. She’ll be ok & John Goodman staybworking... Becky#2 getting syndication checks from Scrubs & Jackie stays working. Everyone else has a problem with this.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
VY2wmdR.png

People really think the stuff we see on the surface is the stuff that actually matters?

"It's only entertainment!" - Jigga

:russ:

I mean if the only thing Disney did was make movies then yeah sure but they also own theme parks, broadcast companies, licenses, mass marketed toys, IPs that continue to print money hand over fist and even more business dealings that, like you said, ain’t on the surface

“Don’t believe these rappers”

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
:russ:

I mean if the only thing Disney did was make movies then yeah sure but they also own theme parks, broadcast companies, licenses, mass marketed toys, IPs that continue to print money hand over fist and even more business dealings that, like you said, ain’t on the surface

“Don’t believe these rappers”

I mean, what else can I expect?

One major corporation is about to buy the majority of another corporation and the 97 page thread about it is mostly filled with X-Men expectations.

Think Disney is buying Fox to bring you the version of Gambit you "deserve", brehs
VY2wmdR.png

I'll never pretend to understand it, but it certainly ain't that.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I mean, what else can I expect?

One major corporation is about to buy the majority of another corporation and the 97 page thread about it is mostly filled with X-Men expectations.

Think Disney is buying Fox to bring you the version of Gambit you "deserve", brehs
VY2wmdR.png

I'll never pretend to understand it, but it certainly ain't that.

Yeah because as we all know that’s the sole reason Disney would be buying it. Not because of any other reason. I mean what other reasons could they have to possibly want the entertainment resources and productions of a company older than most of us on this board? Surely there’s only money in the X-men and marvel. :pachaha:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Word is this may be only partially because of the racist rant. Apparently there was a ratings slip that may have played a role in this. It was front loaded as a hit but the numbers weren't great in the weeks since the debut. I don't trust the networks, but regardless, I'm glad it happened. Freedom of speech means freedom to suffer the consequences. :umad:

Racists can't help themselves. She was barely holding on as it was, she's called black people apes before and she still got a reboot. :mindblown:

:deadrose:
The show has never gone under 10 million viewers,it was by far ABC biggest hit and one of the most watched shows on tv in general. This in no way was about ratings. This was about the tweet which makes this even a greater move by ABC because chances are the majority of people watching her show wouldn't have cared.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The show has never gone under 10 million viewers,it was by far ABC biggest hit and one of the most watched shows on tv in general. This in no way was about ratings. This was about the tweet which makes this even a greater move by ABC because chances are the majority of people watching her show wouldn't have cared.

Also, word from Deadline is a lot of advertisers were hitting ABC up this morning threatening to pull the bags away. And I believe Valerie Jarrett is a friend of Bob Iger's. Not saying that they can't be cool, but he called her personally to let her know the show was being cancelled and to apologize, all before the news actually came out.