Tupac Shakur's Estate Threatens to Sue Drake

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Even beyond the hilarious Kendrick reference in that letter.....I would hope any estate would respond like this because AI is BAD for music and artists. But what does this say about the biggest rapper and his juvenile, trivial approach to a major issue that impacts the field he's in. You don't see Taylor Swift acting like this, folks - nor would you see Michael Jackson or Prince acting like this.. This dude is a loser and has no respect for music. You expect the biggest or most important artists to handle industry-altering things with some thought and class. You don't want them over-reacting (see: Metallica v Napster), but you don't want them under reacting like this.

derro13

All Star
Daps
Fantano was right about that song, you could tell drake was scared as fukk trying to use Pac's voice hoping it would minimize the pedo allegations. Dude is shook lmao

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even beyond the hilarious Kendrick reference in that letter.....I would hope any estate would respond like this because AI is BAD for music and artists. But what does this say about the biggest rapper and his juvenile, trivial approach to a major issue that impacts the field he's in. You don't see Taylor Swift acting like this, folks - nor would you see Michael Jackson or Prince acting like this.. This dude is a loser and has no respect for music. You expect the biggest or most important artists to handle industry-altering things with some thought and class. You don't want them over-reacting (see: Metallica v Napster), but you don't want them under reacting like this.

Ummmmm lol I don’t think you follow popular culture

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
sue for what? its a mixtape tracks just released in thin air he's not making a dyme from it
while I agree with you, Tracy Chapman successfully sued Nikki Minag for just using a sample to one of her songs. Minaj never released it on an album, it was Flex that played it on the radio. It was never officially released. I thought that case was crazy. And I'm not a nikki minaj fan. I've never heard any of her albums and don't listen to her music, but this case was wrong. This is basically saying that if I sample an artist in my home, someone breaks in and steals the song and it's played on the radio, I can be sued.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought Drake's initial response was more than enough. Kendrick being totally quiet is eating at his soul. He can't even wait patiently. All this "Come on man, respond to me," bullshyt is super fukkin lame. Then the AI Pac and Snoop stuff is just stupid. Kendrick giving this fools just enough rope to hang himself.

Facts

Lord Quas

Pro
Daps
C&D seems like it’s symbolic since he made no profit from the song. A legal way to say fukk you and let everyone know it.

This reminds me of when Drake made references to Kobe Bryant’s divorce in Stay Schemin’. Vanessa Bryant said explicitly her and Kobe aren’t friends with Drake, and she made him apologize to her and Kobe via text…

Not a good look when two legends that you supposedly revere, rebuke you.

:francis:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick dropped 16 bars, made both Drake & Cole look weak...but he also got Pac's estate to sue the canadian :mjlol:

:pachaha:
This is why I said he wasn’t going to respond. Shhit is all mental…I figured he had this mindset you’re talking about…he dropped a couple bars to set it off and from that, madness and chaos and pandemonium ensued…while he just sat back and didn’t say another word, 😆🔥.

Like that verse = Like that for real, showed nigs who’s really the big dog out the big 3. Drake getting sued, Cole is a shell of his former self in the eyes of the people apparently, etc… 😳😳