Tua Tagavailoa signs massive four-year extension

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

The initial reports indicate the deal is worth $212.4 million with $167 million guaranteed — good for an average annual value of $53.1 million.

I don't get the hate for Tua. Throws nice deep passes, and that Lefty deep throw looks nice. They're a key player away from knocking off the Chiefs.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

The initial reports indicate the deal is worth $212.4 million with $167 million guaranteed — good for an average annual value of $53.1 million.

I don't get the hate for Tua. Throws nice deep passes, and that Lefty deep throw looks nice. They're a key player away from knocking off the Chiefs.
No hate for Tua. Paying him this type of money means you believe he's him based on his merits, tho. Not merely because he has a literal fantasy team on offense. Will his contract be worthwhile after these guys decline? Can he be a constant?

Last edited:

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
No hate for Tua. Paying him this type of money means you believe he's him based on his merits, tho. Not merely because he has a literal fantasy team on offense. Will his contract be worthwhile after these guys decline? Can he ba a constant?
True, his production may hinge on MIA having a competent GM, but they're modeled after the Niners. Kind of the same criticism that Purdy gets.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well deserved, dudes a baller. On strong defensive team he can win you chip.

I think miami is building it wrong

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure how much longer Tyreek will be elite but whenever he does slip, so will Tua.

And at that point Miami will have to cut him.
I understand why they had to pay Tua but I think the Dolphins window for a championship is narrow. The offense might be able to put points on the board but it's delicate and the defense lacks depth.

I hope the Fins prove me wrong though.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
At the end of the day, it's very easy to replace a good QB with a bad QB, but it's very difficult to replace a good QB with a better QB.

Nobody knows you're good enough to win a Super Bowl, until you win a Super Bowl.

Like I said in the other thread, there are no Super QB prospects for the next three years. Most teams are basically set at QB. I like the move for the Dolphins to basically tell their guy to go out there and try to get it done. Focus should be on OL next.

For teams like Miami along with other good weather teams and indoor teams the priority is winning home field so you don't have to go to places like Arrowhead or Heinz Field in January. They were close last year until their OL got decimated by injuries. Zero reason to blow it up.

Last edited: