Essential TSC's Official Random News & Notes Thread

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
CM Punk was asked at the Ohio Comic-Con in last September if he would like to challenge The Undertaker for “the streak” at Wrestlemania. Punk replied, “That Doesn’t interest me… I like being in situations where you don’t know who is going to win… Whoever wrestles in that I feel it’s a foregone conclusion… There needs to be some drama and stuff.”

:sadcam:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
CM Punk was asked at the Ohio Comic-Con in last September if he would like to challenge The Undertaker for “the streak” at Wrestlemania. Punk replied, “That Doesn’t interest me… I like being in situations where you don’t know who is going to win… Whoever wrestles in that I feel it’s a foregone conclusion… There needs to be some drama and stuff.”

:sadcam:

It's true but Coke Boy wants Rock/Cena II and HHH/Brock II. There's no other option. What'cha gonna do? :hulkshrug:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You think some WM seats at 23K a pop is because of some lowlife who can't even sell out the Fleet Center? LOL. Hardly.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
- The opening segment with Vince McMahon's fight with Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar's brawl with the returning HHH did a 3.6 quarter hour.

- Ryback vs. Dolph Ziggler lost about 285,000 viewers.

- The C.M. Punk promo and trailer for “The Call” gained about 420,000 viewers.

- Mark Henry vs. Great Khali lost about 285,000 viewers.

- The in-ring segment at the top of hour 2 with Jack Swagger, Zeb Colter and Alberto Del Rio gained about 285,000 viewers and did a strong 3.7 QH rating.

- Randy Orton vs. Antonio Cesaro lost about 430,000 viewers.

- R-Truth vs. Cody Rhodes stayed even.

- Daniel Bryan & Kane vs. Prime Time Players with Bryan blindfolded and Kane having his hand tied behind his back lost another 285,000 viewers.

- The Shield's at the start of the third hour with Randy Orton and Sheamus involved gained about 285,000 viewers and did a 3.4 rating.

- Jack Swagger vs. The Miz lost 450,000 viewers, the biggest drop of the night.

- John Cena's promo gained 140,000 viewers.

- John Cena vs. C.M. Punk gained about 1 million viewers and finished with a 3.9 overrun, considered to be a huge success.

But what do the PEOPLE have to say?
Exactly, I it proves the fact that wrestling huge stars like The Rock is enough to make other guys bigger stars than ever before, even when losing twice like Punk did. He had long, competitive matches (actually dominated most of them) and since Rock doesn't have the reputation of getting beatdown 85% of the time like Cena until the finish it (where he overcomes the odds and no-sells everything and smiles) it isn't predictable and it actually matters when you're dominating him throughout the match.

On top of that, the match got a lot of build up promo-wise so people are now used to seeing Punk with top-tier legends. Add to that that the Rock added a huge ratings boost since he came in (more than half a million per episode IIRC, maybe even 750k) there's certainly a decent sum of those fans that are now also interested in what Punk is going to do. The match with Cena proves that, Cena wouldn't get such numbers with any other guy (except The Rock or Lesnar aka superstars).
Well, I think it's obvious what has happened here. The Rock feud exposed Punk to a new audience who wouldn't have seen him before and so far, they seem to be interested. NOW the argument can be made that it has paid off and is working. He went out there on his own, without the benefit of a hot timeslot and delivered the goods. You don't always have to go over to get put over. It will be interesting to see if this keeps up.

The success of the main event is obvious. You raise the stakes and I mean really raise the stakes, people are going to watch. It also doesn't hurt to tease an Undertaker appearance right before the match begins either. That's a fantastic number and they should be very pleased with that.

Looks like Punk's feud with Rock really has helped him. Second segment on his own he's done well in, not to mention the hyped match with Cena which did a huge gain and a huge rating. Now the match did have a couple of things going for it. First of all it was a very hyped match with huge implications on the Wrestlemania main event that casuals should be interested in watching (and they were). Second thing and something that may not be as obvious, but with the Taker video on WWE's youtube page and tweets regarding Taker, fans knew Taker could very well appear on Raw. When he didn't for the opening segment after Lesnar came out (which I'm sure he helped out that a bit as well), most probably figured he'd be back to cost Punk the match or appear after the match.

Great numbers but there are fans that can read between the lines and will credit the proper parties for HOW it got achieved

Team Bring It 2013
RockLaugh.png

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
According to the Orlando Business Journal, Orlando, Florida, which hosted WrestleMania 24 in 2008, is a candidate to host WrestleMania 31 or 32. Cowboys Stadium in the Dallas market is also a candidate for WM31 or WM32 after they complete a two-year run hosting NCAA Tournament games, which takes place around Mania time each year. The article noted the following…

“The Sports Commission recently received a request for a proposal from WWE for the opportunity to host WrestleMania. The event would take place in late March or early April in either 2015 or 2016.”