TSC Evaluation #4: Sycho Sid / Sid Vicious

Overall Rating

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Mic work/promos - 6
  • He sometimes struggled with promos although he always got over. A weak mic game didnt hold him from getting over in wcw ecw (very briefly) and wwf....

-Personality/gimmicks - 9
  • "AND I....RULE...THE WORLD" Is a slept on GOAT catch phrase.
  • From ANYWHERE HE DAMN WELL PLEASES >>>>>>> PARTS UNKNOWN
  • WHOS THE MAN - a crowd taunt so hard that STEINER STOLE IT

-Ring work (along with some of your favorite matches/feuds) - 5
  • Vs HBK 96 was actually REALLY GOOD and got rid of that fukking loser Jose Lothario
  • Vs sting in 90
  • his entire squash buildup leading to joining the horsemen
  • IDGAF, he was a good enforcer for team madness 2000 before...you know :mjcry:
He is not a good worker but he has a GOAT finisher and always hit it crisp. His entire moveset is kill you power moves and it fit his charactor.

-Overall rating (which doesn't have to be an average of the above scores) - 8
I am a huge
sid mark. I have watched a ton of his WCW saturday night TOTAL SQUASHES and somehow they are entertaining...and i loved his turn on hbk and how MSG TOTALLY CHOSE HIM OVER HBK and he LOVED IT at survivor series 96. One of my favorite crowd/wrestler reactions ever. VLADIMIR straight up hugged sid at the end.

Low key he is one of the best "guys" in wrestling history regardless of what management says. He GOT THE HARLEM HEAT INTO WCW and let them sleep in one of his apartments for FREE for MONTHS while they were getting stared. Sid is one of the GOAT.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Great look, great size but an average big man. His botches and weird WCW stints overshadow him.

I think it'd be alright to see some breakdowns of Edge in here so maybe we can add him to the list? :lolbron:
Me talking about Edge:

tumblr_mbshe404Gd1rionpko1_500.gif

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
He's the Master and Ruler of the World. :ohlawd:

Anything less than a 7.5 would be uncivilized.

Sid on HBK's claims about HBK being the man pre-1997 Rumble:

"Before I became the World Wrestling Federation Champion ... I was already ... I WAS ALREADY The Man." :birdman:

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Sid was solid big man, he wasn't the best talker but had a dope delivery. He wasn't the best wrestler but was beliveable in his roles. He was at his best in the New Generation era as Psycho Sid. Overall he is 7/10.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Not great on the mic (some of it is ironically bad, like funny but not actually good mic work).

Not great in the ring - did get carried to some good/fun matches, but never considered a great worker.

Was never really a big draw - had chances in WCW and WWF and never really moved the needle.

GREAT personality, GREAT charisma, GREAT big man. Was part of some very entertaining moments in wrestling, good storylines, and got himself very over in WWF 96/97.

His "Millenium Man" WCW run was trash to me. That era of WCW was so bad in general, that it's tough to actually find any positives. But I just don't remember ever being interested in Sid during that time frame.

All in all, I think 5 is a fair score for him.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Definitely above average as he had charisma and the ability to get over with the crowd even without being the best wrestler or talker. He knew his role and played it to perfection.

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
Mic work/promos - 6
  • He sometimes struggled with promos although he always got over. A weak mic game didnt hold him from getting over in wcw ecw (very briefly) and wwf....

-Personality/gimmicks - 9
  • "AND I....RULE...THE WORLD" Is a slept on GOAT catch phrase.
  • From ANYWHERE HE DAMN WELL PLEASES >>>>>>> PARTS UNKNOWN
  • WHOS THE MAN - a crowd taunt so hard that STEINER STOLE IT

-Ring work (along with some of your favorite matches/feuds) - 5
  • Vs HBK 96 was actually REALLY GOOD and got rid of that fukking loser Jose Lothario
  • Vs sting in 90
  • his entire squash buildup leading to joining the horsemen
  • IDGAF, he was a good enforcer for team madness 2000 before...you know :mjcry:
He is not a good worker but he has a GOAT finisher and always hit it crisp. His entire moveset is kill you power moves and it fit his charactor.

-Overall rating (which doesn't have to be an average of the above scores) - 8
I am a huge
sid mark. I have watched a ton of his WCW saturday night TOTAL SQUASHES and somehow they are entertaining...and i loved his turn on hbk and how MSG TOTALLY CHOSE HIM OVER HBK and he LOVED IT at survivor series 96. One of my favorite crowd/wrestler reactions ever. VLADIMIR straight up hugged sid at the end.

Low key he is one of the best "guys" in wrestling history regardless of what management says. He GOT THE HARLEM HEAT INTO WCW and let them sleep in one of his apartments for FREE for MONTHS while they were getting stared. Sid is one of the GOAT.

:salute:

PSYGOAT

:blessed:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Sid was money brehs.:manny:
Not a great worker but had incredible presence to make most of what he did(no matter the promotion he was in) interesting. We say he was the typical limited big man but Sid created the template big man moveset. He was using the choke slam/powerbomb as a finisher combo before taker, Nash, hall etc who all adopted those after him. Gotta give him credit for that.

I give him an 8 for all above plus his reaction as a heel at survivor series 96. shyt was legit:salute:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Sid was money brehs.:manny:
Not a great worker but had incredible presence to make most of what he did(no matter the promotion he was in) interesting. We say he was the typical limited big man but Sid created the template big man moveset. He was using the choke slam/powerbomb as a finisher combo before taker, Nash, hall etc who all adopted those after him. Gotta give him credit for that.

I give him an 8 for all above plus his reaction as a heel at survivor series 96. shyt was legit:salute:
His chokeslam was probably better than all of his too and it was a set up move. Really his jackknife was way better than Nash's....

James Dean

All Star
Daps
-Mic work/promos 6.

-Personality/gimmicks 8

-Ring work (along with some of your favorite matches/feuds) 3

-Overall rating (which doesn't have to be an average of the above scores) 7

Sid was average overall who had entertaining train wreck moments. Thats it.

• Dap
Reactions: 2CT