TSC Evaluation #135: The Great Muta

Overall Rating

• Total voters

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It has always fascinated me how he's "Muta" for gringos when that's just a gimmick Mutoh used for like 20% (maybe even less) of his career. His NWA run was so iconic it didn't just gave him his first big title push in New Japan, it also created this persona he always used when working in the US.

He gets a 7 from me. One of those people were the good outweigh the mediocre - and sometimes bad -, when Mutoh was on, he was fukking ON. Kinda like CM Punk, he really was elite/top tier when he wanted to be. But dude was just so fukking lazy for too many long stretches and as he got older, his style didn't translate in consistently good matches, yet he kept working them as big epics.

People giving out 10s because of a gimmick that doesn't represent 1/3 of his career is fine and understandable, but I hope they don't complain when others get that kind of "kids gloves" rating :manny:

Part of my 10 was due to all the bias and favoritism votes that gets handed out in here all the time.. I mean Kurt is rated higher than rock, thats crazy, no disrespect for kurt but thats crazy.

Anyway like many others, Muta was the first person I saw
1.Do a moonsault
2. Spit Mist
3. Have an amazing entrance and look

His look and style in the 80's early 90's was ahead of its time
Every year on wwe2k I give someone his entrance, dude was so good that his short term stint in NWA/WCW was all he needed to be a fukking legend. and now looking back, his japan stuff was also dope even in old age he still doing his thing..

Muta/Mutoh with healthy knees is a top 5 talent/character ever. One of the only times a spin off character(son of Great Kabuki) eclipsed the original, and succeeded it in becoming the most copied wrestler the last 20 years.

10 of em:wow:

:ohhh::mindblown: I HAD NO IDEA!!!

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps
One of my favorites of all time.