TSC Evaluation #135: The Great Muta

Overall Rating

• Total voters

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Muta/Mutoh with healthy knees is a top 5 talent/character ever. One of the only times a spin off character(son of Great Kabuki) eclipsed the original, and succeeded it in becoming the most copied wrestler the last 20 years.

10 of em:wow:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
It has always fascinated me how he's "Muta" for gringos when that's just a gimmick Mutoh used for like 20% (maybe even less) of his career. His NWA run was so iconic it didn't just gave him his first big title push in New Japan, it also created this persona he always used when working in the US.

He gets a 7 from me. One of those people were the good outweigh the mediocre - and sometimes bad -, when Mutoh was on, he was fukking ON. Kinda like CM Punk, he really was elite/top tier when he wanted to be. But dude was just so fukking lazy for too many long stretches and as he got older, his style didn't translate in consistently good matches, yet he kept working them as big epics.

People giving out 10s because of a gimmick that doesn't represent 1/3 of his career is fine and understandable, but I hope they don't complain when others get that kind of "kids gloves" rating :manny:

agree completely..like 7 or 8..because his stints in NWA/WCW outside of his first one dude was sometimes lazy as shyt and later on when his knees went bye bye..but man he was like the first japanese wrestler I watch that wrestled like he came straight off a cartoon...his moveset was ahead of its time...legendary gimmick and off shoot gimmicks

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Definitely one of my favorite characters and wrestlers to this day. I caught him in NWA/WCW in the early 90s and never let go. As i got into the taping trading days and copped japanese tapes, i realized that his match quality wasn't consistent across the board...homie had alot of BS matches. His highs are amazing tho. He's getting a 10 for changing the landscape