Trump's self-destruction has begun

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
“Jane Doe” files civil rape complaint against Trump in NY court
Allegations similar to those filed -- and dismissed -- in California by the same plaintiff
June 20, 2016 03:04PM
By Will Parker, Kathryn Brenzel and Kyna Doles

trump-and-epstein.jpg

From left: Donald Trump and Jeffrey Epstein

A new lawsuit filed in federal court accuses presidential hopeful Donald Trump of raping a 13-year-old girl at Jeffrey Epstein’s Upper East Side mansion more than 20 years ago.

The woman, who alleges the rape occurred in 1994, filed a civil complaint in New York Federal Court on Monday against the presumptive Republican nominee and Epstein, a notorious ex-hedge funder previously convicted in a prostitution scandal involving minors. Trump allegedly attended at least four of Epstein’s parties at 9 East 71st Street, known as the Wexner Mansion. The plaintiff, like other girls at the house, was lured to the parties with a promise of a modeling career, the lawsuit claims.

Testimony attached to the complaint alleges that a woman — identified only as Tiffany Doe — was hired by Epstein to recruit young girls for his parties. The woman allegedly met the plaintiff at Port Authority Bus Terminal and told her the parties would help connect her to the right people to launch her career.

The lawsuit, which repeats some allegations made in a dismissed complaint filed in California in April, offers a graphic account of the young girl’s alleged encounters with Trump, the worst of which is described as a “savage sexual act.” The lawsuit claims that during this instance, Trump tied her to the bed and struck her face with his hand, saying he could do what he wanted, despite her pleas for him to stop. The complaint alleges that Epstein also raped her.

Michael Cohen, special counsel to Trump, had not yet read the new allegations when reached by phone. An attorney for Epstein could not immediately be reached for comment. In response to a similar lawsuit filed back in April, Trump categorically denied the claims. That lawsuit was dismissed in May.

It should be noted that anyone can file a civil complaint in federal court. The statute of limitations in New York for civil rape cases is five years, but Monday’s complaint argues that the time limit should be waived, noting that the plaintiff was too frightened to report the abuse because Trump had threatened that if she did “her family would be physically harmed if not killed.”

“Both defendants let plaintiff know that each was a very wealthy, powerful man and indicated that they had the power, ability and means to carry out their threats,” the complaint claims.

New York discarded its statute of limitations for criminal sexual assault cases in 2006. A spokesperson for District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. in Manhattan declined to comment on the lawsuit.

On April 26, a woman identified as “Katie Johnson” filed a similar rape complaint against Trump and Epstein in a California court. That case was dismissed in May because Johnson did not file the proper paperwork. The address she listed in California papers was found to be an abandoned property.

In the suit filed in New York today, the “Jane Doe” plaintiff is revealed to be the same plaintiff as in the California suit. Details in the New York complaint differ slightly, however, including a claim that Trump’s comments to the media after Johnson filed the California suit amounted to defamation. The new complaint also alleges that Trump knew the plaintiff was 13 years old at the time of the alleged assault, something that does not appear in the California filing.

After Johnson submitted the first suit in April, Trump vehemently denied the allegations, saying “these allegations are not only false, but disgusting at the highest level and clearly framed to solicit media attention or, perhaps, are simply politically motivated. There is absolutely no merit to these allegations. Period.”

An attorney for the plaintiff, Thomas Meagher, did not immediately return requests seeking comment. The website for Meagher’s New Jersey-based firm indicates that it primarily specializes in intellectual property law.

Epstein, a billionaire financier and current registered sex offender, pleaded guilty to soliciting an underage prostitute in 2008 after a lengthy investigation. He served 13 months in prison. In 2015, a woman named Virginia Roberts accused Epstein of making her a sex slave in the service of the likes of Prince Andrew, Duke of York and the Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz. Several other women have reached settlements with Epstein outside of court.

Jeffrey Epstein’s brother, Mark Epstein, said in a deposition in 2009 that Trump flew on Epstein’s private jet at least once in the past. The relationship between the two predates that allegation by some years.

"Jane Doe" files civil rape complaint against Trump in NY court

uh-oh!

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
MATT LAUER (CO-HOST): I mentioned [Corey Lewandowski is] the guy who really believed in let Trump be Trump, let him go out there and speak his mind, and that got you a lot of success during the primaries. Does this signal, with him out, that you're not going to do the let Trump be Trump any more? That you're going to change your tone for the general election?

DONALD TRUMP: I don't think so, Matt. I think I have to be who I am. I don't want to be a phony like a Hillary Clinton where she reads stuff that's written up by high-priced talent. I don't want to be that, I want to be what I am.

Trump says he doesnt want to be a phony or a fake, because those are the types of people he hates :wow:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Here are 5 bombshell revelations that show Trump’s campaign is a massive con job

:laff:@that fake ad firm with the regular suburban house as the address.

As despicable of a human being Drumpf is, part of me has to give him props for trolling his dumb supporters.

I'm loving this whole thing because it really sums up the essence of the Republican party, even though it makes the USA look like a joke on the world stage. They encourage idiocy in their media, and so a blustering, invective driven moron has become the face of their party whether they like it or not. They love plutocrats and maintain a situation in which they flourish, and so they created a situation in which one plutocrat who won't play by the rules sinks their entire ship. They like to skim off the pockets of the poor at every opportunity, and a conman has skimmed theirs.

full

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I'm loving this whole thing because it really sums up the essence of the Republican party, even though it makes the USA look like a joke on the world stage. They encourage idiocy in their media, and so a blustering, invective driven moron has become the face of their party whether they like it or not. They love plutocrats and maintain a situation in which they flourish, and so they created a situation in which one plutocrat who won't play by the rules sinks their entire ship. They like to skim off the pockets of the poor at every opportunity, and a conman has skimmed theirs.

full
Both parties serve plutocrats let's not get carried away. But this is why I said HRC needs to beat Trump. You guys keep harping on the GOP fukking up but if the DNC continues on as it is, they will be swept out of office in 2018 and 2020. I don't know why you're dancing on the grave a shytty Republican Party. What incentive will the DNC have if we only have one viable party? This is lesser evilism on steroids. Trump and the GOP are so bad that we all ignored Dems terrorist fear mongering this week. I don't know how you all enjoy this spectacle. I don't know how cats like @Mephistopheles and @Robbie3000 followed politics for this long. These days I just sit back like, "Yo, it's all bullshyt."

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Both parties serve plutocrats let's not get carried away. But this is why I said HRC needs to beat Trump. You guys keep harping on the GOP fukking up but if the DNC continues on as it is, they will be swept out of office in 2018 and 2020. I don't know why you're dancing on the grave a shytty Republican Party. What incentive will the DNC have if we only have one viable party? This is lesser evilism on steroids. Trump and the GOP are so bad that we all ignored Dems terrorist fear mongering this week. I don't know how you all enjoy this spectacle. I don't know how cats like @Mephistopheles and @Robbie3000 followed politics for this long. These days I just sit back like, "Yo, it's all bullshyt."

bitter bernie stan rhetoric :usure:

p00rky

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco/Tokyo
“Jane Doe” files civil rape complaint against Trump in NY court
Allegations similar to those filed -- and dismissed -- in California by the same plaintiff
June 20, 2016 03:04PM
By Will Parker, Kathryn Brenzel and Kyna Doles

trump-and-epstein.jpg

From left: Donald Trump and Jeffrey Epstein

A new lawsuit filed in federal court accuses presidential hopeful Donald Trump of raping a 13-year-old girl at Jeffrey Epstein’s Upper East Side mansion more than 20 years ago.

The woman, who alleges the rape occurred in 1994, filed a civil complaint in New York Federal Court on Monday against the presumptive Republican nominee and Epstein, a notorious ex-hedge funder previously convicted in a prostitution scandal involving minors. Trump allegedly attended at least four of Epstein’s parties at 9 East 71st Street, known as the Wexner Mansion. The plaintiff, like other girls at the house, was lured to the parties with a promise of a modeling career, the lawsuit claims.

Testimony attached to the complaint alleges that a woman — identified only as Tiffany Doe — was hired by Epstein to recruit young girls for his parties. The woman allegedly met the plaintiff at Port Authority Bus Terminal and told her the parties would help connect her to the right people to launch her career.

The lawsuit, which repeats some allegations made in a dismissed complaint filed in California in April, offers a graphic account of the young girl’s alleged encounters with Trump, the worst of which is described as a “savage sexual act.” The lawsuit claims that during this instance, Trump tied her to the bed and struck her face with his hand, saying he could do what he wanted, despite her pleas for him to stop. The complaint alleges that Epstein also raped her.

Michael Cohen, special counsel to Trump, had not yet read the new allegations when reached by phone. An attorney for Epstein could not immediately be reached for comment. In response to a similar lawsuit filed back in April, Trump categorically denied the claims. That lawsuit was dismissed in May.

It should be noted that anyone can file a civil complaint in federal court. The statute of limitations in New York for civil rape cases is five years, but Monday’s complaint argues that the time limit should be waived, noting that the plaintiff was too frightened to report the abuse because Trump had threatened that if she did “her family would be physically harmed if not killed.”

“Both defendants let plaintiff know that each was a very wealthy, powerful man and indicated that they had the power, ability and means to carry out their threats,” the complaint claims.

New York discarded its statute of limitations for criminal sexual assault cases in 2006. A spokesperson for District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. in Manhattan declined to comment on the lawsuit.

On April 26, a woman identified as “Katie Johnson” filed a similar rape complaint against Trump and Epstein in a California court. That case was dismissed in May because Johnson did not file the proper paperwork. The address she listed in California papers was found to be an abandoned property.

In the suit filed in New York today, the “Jane Doe” plaintiff is revealed to be the same plaintiff as in the California suit. Details in the New York complaint differ slightly, however, including a claim that Trump’s comments to the media after Johnson filed the California suit amounted to defamation. The new complaint also alleges that Trump knew the plaintiff was 13 years old at the time of the alleged assault, something that does not appear in the California filing.

After Johnson submitted the first suit in April, Trump vehemently denied the allegations, saying “these allegations are not only false, but disgusting at the highest level and clearly framed to solicit media attention or, perhaps, are simply politically motivated. There is absolutely no merit to these allegations. Period.”

An attorney for the plaintiff, Thomas Meagher, did not immediately return requests seeking comment. The website for Meagher’s New Jersey-based firm indicates that it primarily specializes in intellectual property law.

Epstein, a billionaire financier and current registered sex offender, pleaded guilty to soliciting an underage prostitute in 2008 after a lengthy investigation. He served 13 months in prison. In 2015, a woman named Virginia Roberts accused Epstein of making her a sex slave in the service of the likes of Prince Andrew, Duke of York and the Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz. Several other women have reached settlements with Epstein outside of court.

Jeffrey Epstein’s brother, Mark Epstein, said in a deposition in 2009 that Trump flew on Epstein’s private jet at least once in the past. The relationship between the two predates that allegation by some years.

"Jane Doe" files civil rape complaint against Trump in NY court

uh-oh!
lol if true. I remember he made that comment about dating his daughter in an interview. Also, called his daughter hot at Miss Universe competition.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Someone has put a Mexican flag up outside Donald Trump's Scottish golf course
Posted 2 hours ago by Louis Doré in news
26809-10sp53q.jpg

Picture: JOHN GURZINSKI/AFP/Getty Images/Sue Edwards/Facebook

If you're anywhere near familiar with Donald Trump's dealings in Scotland you'll know he's annoyed a lot of local people.

Trump will return to Scotland on Friday to open the Turnberry course in Ayrshire, where he's sure to experience some of their frustrations.

The Republican billionaire's relationship with former SNP leader Alex Salmond also deteriorated, following the construction of the £200 million golf course at Menie, Aberdeenshire, which Salmond initially supported, and an offshore wind farm in the North Sea which Trump said spoiled the view from the resort.

When Salmond refused to intervene with the wind farm plans, their relationship turned sour. Salmond said:

[This has] single-handedly done more damage to Scotland than virtually any event in Scottish history.

In an interview with the Times, Alex Salmond later said:

Trump is impossible to deal with in any coherent way because of his wild changes in position. He can move from total support to complete attack, if not exactly on a whim then certainly with little regard to any sense of proportion.

The plans for the golf resort were heavily criticised by green campaigners and local residents, who have so far successfully resisted compulsory purchase orders for their lands.

The campaign group 'Tripping up Trump', has shown their disdain for Trump's pursuit of local land on the Menie Estate, by raising a flag near the golf course.

We probably don't need to tell you why the Mexican flag is controversial for Trump.

The image was posted to the Tripping up Trump Facebook group by Sue Edwards, showing the flagpole situated near a bunker.

David Milne, who has also raised a flag of his own...

...told BuzzFeed:

The point of the flag is to show solidarity with the Mexicans and every other group that Trump has decried, derided, insulted, and tried to marginalise.

The flag by the bunker was originally reported to be Milne's, but he has since clarified the matter in a Facebook status, saying the bunker flagpole is the work of a Mike Forbes.

indy100 has contacted David and Tripping up Trump for comment.

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
Posted 2 hours ago by Louis Doré in news
26809-10sp53q.jpg

Picture: JOHN GURZINSKI/AFP/Getty Images/Sue Edwards/Facebook

If you're anywhere near familiar with Donald Trump's dealings in Scotland you'll know he's annoyed a lot of local people.

Trump will return to Scotland on Friday to open the Turnberry course in Ayrshire, where he's sure to experience some of their frustrations.

The Republican billionaire's relationship with former SNP leader Alex Salmond also deteriorated, following the construction of the £200 million golf course at Menie, Aberdeenshire, which Salmond initially supported, and an offshore wind farm in the North Sea which Trump said spoiled the view from the resort.

When Salmond refused to intervene with the wind farm plans, their relationship turned sour. Salmond said:

[This has] single-handedly done more damage to Scotland than virtually any event in Scottish history.

In an interview with the Times, Alex Salmond later said:

Trump is impossible to deal with in any coherent way because of his wild changes in position. He can move from total support to complete attack, if not exactly on a whim then certainly with little regard to any sense of proportion.

The plans for the golf resort were heavily criticised by green campaigners and local residents, who have so far successfully resisted compulsory purchase orders for their lands.

The campaign group 'Tripping up Trump', has shown their disdain for Trump's pursuit of local land on the Menie Estate, by raising a flag near the golf course.

We probably don't need to tell you why the Mexican flag is controversial for Trump.

The image was posted to the Tripping up Trump Facebook group by Sue Edwards, showing the flagpole situated near a bunker.

David Milne, who has also raised a flag of his own...

...told BuzzFeed:

The point of the flag is to show solidarity with the Mexicans and every other group that Trump has decried, derided, insulted, and tried to marginalise.

The flag by the bunker was originally reported to be Milne's, but he has since clarified the matter in a Facebook status, saying the bunker flagpole is the work of a Mike Forbes.

indy100 has contacted David and Tripping up Trump for comment.

:deadrose: fukk we need moe of this

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
There Is No Donald Trump Campaign
Firing your campaign manager is not a big deal when there’s nothing to manage.
By Jamelle Bouie

160620_POL_no-trump-campaign.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

Torn posters litter the floor following a Donald Trump campaign rally on April 25 at West Chester University in Pennsylvania.

Jessica Kourkounis/Getty Images

As of Monday morning, the Trump campaign doesn’t have a manager. “The Donald J. Trump Campaign for President, which has set a historic record in the Republican Primary having received almost 14 million votes, has today announced that Corey Lewandowski will no longer be working with the campaign,” spokeswoman Hope Hicks said in a statement to the press. “The campaign is grateful to Corey for his hard work and dedication and we wish him the best in the future.”

JAMELLE BOUIE
Jamelle Bouie is Slates chief political correspondent.

It’s tempting to treat this like a genuine shock—a blow that could disrupt Trump’s effort to win the presidency. But two things are true: First, Lewandoski has been a declining presence since Trump captured the nomination in May, increasingly overshadowed by campaign chairman Paul Manafort. And with Lewandowski gone, explained one Trump ally to Fox News, Manafort is “totally in charge.”

And the second thing? To suggest the Trump campaign is hurt by Lewandowski’s departure is to assume a campaign exists. The truth is, there is no Donald Trump campaign.

This isn’t a matter of metaphysics; I mean this in a literal sense. Consider campaign staff. At this point in a presidential cycle, the presumptive nominees of both parties have begun to construct a field operation meant to identify supporters, train volunteers, and prepare for the tough work of bringing voters to the polls. By the time Mitt Romney entered June—after extinguishing Rick Santorum’s challenge from the right—he had more than a dozen offices open in Ohio and at least 89 paid staffersfor his national campaign. By November, Romney had opened nearly 300 offices nationwide and employed more than 400 people. Team Obama invested even more in offices and personnel, with nearly 800 field locations and over 900 paid staffers.

How much staff has Donald Trump hired? At last count, the Trump campaign hasroughly 30 staffers nationwide. By comparison, Team Clinton has hired 50 people in Ohio alone. Even if it’s still early in the cycle, a typical campaign would have several senior staff members in place in most, if not all, contested states. Trump has close to none. And while the Republican National Committee has people on the ground in swing states and other vital areas, they’re focused on the entire ticket. Trump needs dedicated, professional help and he doesn’t have it. He seems to be waiting until July, at the earliest, to determine hiring and placement.

What about advertising? Paid television is part and parcel of modern campaigning and can have real—albeit temporary—effects on the race. In their book The Gamble: Choice and Chance in the 2012 Presidential Election, political scientists John Sides and Lynn Vavreck fnd that, all things equal, a candidate airing one additional ad per capita over an opponent gains an advantage of almost 1 extra point in public polling, compared with a market where candidates are at parity in advertising. Likewise, a candidate with two additional ads per capita gains two extra points compared with the baseline.

Obama’s $45 million ad buys in June 2012 was matched, in turn, by Team Romney’s $38 million response. Any effect of the former was moderated and even canceled out by the latter.

Trump may not have a ground game, but is he fighting on the airwaves, matching Clinton or even trying to harm her standing? Not at all. As of Sunday, Team Clinton has put more than $23 million into advertising across eight swing states: Florida, Ohio, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, North Carolina, Iowa, and New Hampshire. (Pennsylvania’s omission is curious.) Team Trump has nothing. Not a single dollar. Clinton is spending millions to rehabilitate her image and attack Trump, with nothing to deal with in the way of pushback.

Exacerbating all of this, for Trump, is that he’s broke: Trump has just $2.4 million in the campaign coffers. Put differently, Clinton’s ad buy is nearly 10 times as large as what Trump has on hand for his entire operation. Trump could raise money, butreports say he’s uninterested in calling donors and other contributors.

If you follow enough election coverage, you’ll notice a phrase from those inclined to read and absorb political science: “Campaigns don’t matter.” The idea is that the twists and turns of the horse race are less important than the broad “fundamentals” of an election year: unemployment, economic growth, foreign conflict, etc. What’s key is the mechanism behind the slogan. It’s not that campaigns are useless; it’s that—in general—they’re evenly matched, so they cancel each other out. When they aren’t—Obama’s ground game vs. Romney’s, for instance—they don’t.

Top Comment

"Trump needs dedicated, professional help" Well, yeah. Oh, you meant for his campaign? That too. 2.4k CommentsJoin In

What happens when one side has a campaign and the other doesn’t? When one side is mobilizing voters, contacting supporters, and persuading independents, and the other is sitting on its hands? Cable news has done a lot for Donald Trump, but it can’t raise money or organize volunteers. What happens when it’s September and Trump lacks the personnel or the cash to mount a credible fight against the Democratic Party?

I don’t know. No one knows, because it’s never happened before. But if the polls are any indication, what happens is something like a catastrophic defeat for Trump and the rest of the Republican Party. And of all possible outcomes in this election, that’s the most fitting. Trump built his career by talking and grifting his way into some facsimile of success, before losing it to his own arrogance and narcissism. If nothing else, a historic defeat in November will fit the pattern.

There Is No Donald Trump Campaign