Trump Removes Obama AFFH Rule

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Why would someone who spent a lot of money on their property want low income houses right next the them.

Studies have found that investments in low-income housing typically reduce or do not increase crime while reducing segregation, but may cause homeowners to sell for a cheaper price when such projects are built in affluent areas.

That rule, written under the Fair Housing Act, required local governments to prove that federal subsidies for housing projects would not go to developments with zoning laws or other regulations that are effectively discriminatory to minorities, particularly Black and Hispanic Americans.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Why would someone who spent a lot of money on their property want low income houses right next the them.

Makes Sense to me. Black People live in the Burbs too

So you want low income black people forced to live in city slums with terrible education systems huh?

:mjpls:

Anyway, this shyt was just a bandaid that doesn't address the economic wages of war of white supremacy. We need reperations

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Putting all the low income housing in one place, creates ghettos. This is proven. It has also been proven the placing single low income houses scattered throughout communites improves the lifestlye of the people in those in lowincome houses. Having one neighbor in a low income house is not going to have a measurable impact on their neighbors, thats just fearmongering. But it does have a major impact on the low income indivduals.
It also makes it harder for white people to target low income communities.

There is an HBO series the explains this issue better than me. Show me a Hero. check it out.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU