Trump is executing black federal prisoners. Where is Ice Cube, Tavis Smiley, Cornel West & Tariq?

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, Brother West does NOT belong in that group.
Notice anything odd here about @neotheflyingone
JXl3eUY.jpg

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Didn't the last dude set 2 people on fire while they were in the trunk?

I just looked this shyt up along with the other cases.

The hill we dying on?

Y'all need to get your facts right. Prosecutors lied - he had absolutely nothing to do with abducting the couple and the couple was already dead when the fire was set - that's been proven and FIVE jurors from the trial plus one of the prosecutors on the case have backtracked publicly and said he shouldn't have been on death row. They also lied and claimed he was a prime candidate for committing violence in prison when they had no evidence for that and he was a model prisoner for 20+ years, started a program to help youth and was described by guards as a stabilizing influence.

He was an 18yo kid who was literally at the bottom of the gang hierarchy, and his only involvement was driving the car afterwards and then burning it with the bodies inside, as he was ordered to do. That's still worthy of being charged as an accessory and getting time, but we shouldn't be killing fukking kids for that.

We covered this shyt in a thread already:

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tru...-inauguration-day.819922/page-2#post-40111818

2 of the guys being killed were just teenagers when they committed their crimes, 2 of the others were mentally disabled, and 2 were simple accessories who didn't actually kill anyone themselves.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
How long were they in federal custody and why weren't they exonerated during the black president's presidency, since (for your troll thread purposes) expecting something human from a white racist is tantamount to begging a bum for a million kuwaiti dinar?
:ohhh:
You do know Donald Trump wanted the Central Park 5 executed and never retracted his statement, right? :mjpls:

Obama didn't execute a single prisoner in his entire tenure. There hadn't been a federal prisoner executed for 17 years when Trump suddenly jumped into this killing spree (13 executions in 6 months, with 6 of the last 7 that just got rushed in being Black folk).

Should Obama have commuted their sentences from death to life in prison instead before he left office? Certainly. I can't tell you why he didn't.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Should Obama have commuted their sentences from death to life in prison instead before he left office? Certainly. I can't tell you why he didn't.
You answered the only question I asked. No need for extras, THANKS.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Y'all need to get your facts right. Prosecutors lied - he had absolutely nothing to do with abducting the couple and the couple was already dead when the fire was set - that's been proven and FIVE jurors from the trial plus one of the prosecutors on the case have backtracked publicly and said he shouldn't have been on death row. They also lied and claimed he was a prime candidate for committing violence in prison when they had no evidence for that and he was a model prisoner for 20+ years, started a program to help youth and was described by guards as a stabilizing influence.

He was an 18yo kid who was literally at the bottom of the gang hierarchy, and his only involvement was driving the car afterwards and then burning it with the bodies inside, as he was ordered to do. That's still worthy of being charged as an accessory and getting time, but we shouldn't be killing fukking kids for that.

We covered this shyt in a thread already:

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tru...-inauguration-day.819922/page-2#post-40111818

2 of the guys being killed were just teenagers when they committed their crimes, 2 of the others were mentally disabled, and 2 were simple accessories who didn't actually kill anyone themselves.
Why did Obama free this terrorist bomber instead?
Why Did Obama Free This Terrorist?
UEkmPOV.jpg

pTRbIQ4.jpg

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I never forgave him for letting petty jealousy drive his criticism of Obama. There's a lot we can criticize Obama for but West did it only because he was upset over inauguration tickets?

:francis:

Every criticism I've ever heard Cornel West make of Obama was spot-on. The idea that he only makes those criticisms due to "petty jealousy" or inauguration tickets is bullshyt. West and I have very similar politics, and if West had started :cape: for Obama while he was doing what he did in office he would have been a full-on sellout, Obama's presidency wasn't remotely in line with what West preaches.

Daps
Obama didn't execute a single prisoner in his entire tenure. There hadn't been a federal prisoner executed for 17 years when Trump suddenly jumped into this killing spree (13 executions in 6 months, with 6 of the last 7 that just got rushed in being Black folk).

You answered the only question I asked. No need for extras, THANKS.

This is why I don't bother even attempting to give these ppl factual evidence and proof because they don't care. Now after everything you said, this dude ignores it and goes straight to the part that agrees with his criticism of everyone but Trump.

Only thing fools like him are good for is a trolling every once in a while when I'm bored.

If he had it his way, Trump would still be in office.

Daps
Every criticism I've ever heard Cornel West make of Obama was spot-on. The idea that he only makes those criticisms due to "petty jealousy" or inauguration tickets is bullshyt. West and I have very similar politics, and if West had started :cape: for Obama while he was doing what he did in office he would have been a full-on sellout, Obama's presidency wasn't remotely in line with what West preaches.

I'm just going by what West himself said. He said that the roots of his issues with Obama stemmed from the day of the inauguration when he felt slighted because Obama didn't personally give him tickets.

And again, I have no issue with the criticism as much as I do the reasons behind it and how he went about it.

The Bush presidency wasn't in line with West's politics but he didn't charter a bus to go on a national tour to slam Bush.

He did that with Obama because it was personal, not politics. And again I'm going by his own words.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This is why I don't bother even attempting to give these ppl factual evidence and proof because they don't care. Now after everything you said, this dude ignores it and goes straight to the part that agrees with his criticism of everyone but Trump.

Only thing fools like him are good for is a trolling every once in a while when I'm bored.

Yeah, I don't recognize him at all so I don't know what weird crusade he's on. Trump's pulling bullshyt against Black folk right now and I don't see what he gets out of trying to get me to defend Obama or some shyt.

I'm just going by what West himself said. He said that the roots of his issues with Obama stemmed from the day of the inauguration when he felt slighted because Obama didn't personally give him tickets.

And again, I have no issue with the criticism as much as I do the reasons behind it and how he went about it.

The Bush presidency wasn't in line with West's politics but he didn't charter a bus to go on a national tour to slam Bush.

He did that with Obama because it was personal, not politics. And again I'm going by his own words.
He said he felt slighted when Obama did that and it damaged their relationship, he never said it was the basis for all his criticisms of Obama. His criticisms were on policy and they stand on their own merits.

Daps
Yeah, I don't recognize him at all so I don't know what weird crusade he's on. Trump's pulling bullshyt against Black folk right now and I don't see what he gets out of trying to get me to defend Obama or some shyt.

He said he felt slighted when Obama did that and it damaged their relationship, he never said it was the basis for all his criticisms of Obama. His criticisms were on policy and they stand on their own merits.

I'll take your word for it since you follow him more closely than I do. I just didn't like the criticism being levied at the first black president in that way, when he had never done it in that way to any other president before or after Obama. And I'm specifically talking about the tour. That was nonsensical to me. Criticize him, go on tv and let your voice be heard, but to charter a bus and travel the country for the sole purpose of criticizing Obama? I will never not think that to be crazy.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Nah
John McCain supports trump and you voted for that man against Obama.
JXl3eUY.jpg

I didn't vote for Trump and I don't support him.
You do.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The difference between West and the other guys you mentioned is that West always made clear that Biden was the preferred option and that he was voting for Biden, and kept heavy heat on Trump. He's a man of integrity so he had the heat on Obama too, but he never used Obama to distract from Trump's transgressions. He's a man of integrity who tells it like it is no matter what party the man he's talking about belongs to.

Here are some recent examples of how he moves:

Cornel West: 'George Floyd's public lynching pulled the cover off who we really are'

Dr. Cornel West: I’m Voting Against MAGA But Biden Is Still A Mediocre Neoliberal