Trump IMPEACHED by the US House; US Senate Trial Allows No New Witnesses & Acquits Trump

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
The House Should Pause Impeachment

A Different Path: Pause and Gather Power

The House could immediately vote for subpoenas for testimony, and subpoenas duces tecum for documents, from the Cabinet level officials and former officials who are likeliest to possess first-hand knowledge of the president’s actions and state of mind. That includes the same witnesses Schumer identified in his letter. The refusal of these current and former officials to comply with such demands can be taken to the federal courts in the District of Columbia. That Congress has power to enforce its subpoenas is clear (see the exhaustive treatment in the Cornell Law Review, Congress’s (Limited) Power to Defend Itself in Court by Grove and Devins). A clear federal statute (28 U.S.C. 1361) confers mandamus jurisdiction to compel officials to comply for which Rule 81(b) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure supplies procedures.

Even if the district court were to slow walk the proceedings, there is good reason to believe that the DC Circuit Court would entertain an expedited appeal. If the President thinks the conservative majority of the U.S. Supreme Court will protect him and overrule U.S. v. Nixon’s recognition of a sharply qualified privilege of executive immunity, he has been sadly misinformed. Whatever the parameters of executive privilege are after the Nixon case, they do not support absolute immunity from testimony before Congress. Moreover, the constitutional investigative powers of the House are at their zenith in an impeachment inquiry following the adoption of a resolution authorizing such investigations like the one passed in November, and thus Congress’ chances of success in the courts are now at their highest.

Resort to the courts may take many weeks, but there is no reason it would take many months. The ultimate guidance given the parties—as in the Nixon case—can preclude endless re-litigation.

Success in getting a judicial order to produce documents and testimony is the only way to overcome the partisan impasse we currently face. The only possibility left lies in public attention, which will be substantial when Secretaries Pompeo and Perry, chiefs of staff Mulvaney and Kelly, national security adviser Bolton, White House Counsel McGahn and the president’s lawyer Giuliani are compelled to testify under oath. Some of these individuals are known to have had direct conversations with the president about Ukraine; others are knowledgeable about the president’s alleged obstructions that predate the Ukraine matter. Pausing now may afford other pieces of the story to fall into place.

What’s more, action by the courts broadens the legitimacy of the inquiry beyond the acts of one highly partisan body of one branch of the government.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
A new CNN poll shows that support for impeachment has gone down (45% support impeachment down from 50% in the last CNN poll and 48% against impeachment up from 43% in the last CNN poll).

I don't believe that sh!t but if support for impeachment has actually gone down then this entire country should be thrown in the bushes :francis:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
A new CNN poll shows that support for impeachment has gone down (45% support impeachment down from 50% in the last CNN poll and 48% against impeachment up from 43% in the last CNN poll).

I don't believe that sh!t but if support for impeachment has actually gone down then this entire country should be thrown in the bushes :francis:
no link?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The House Should Pause Impeachment

A Different Path: Pause and Gather Power

The House could immediately vote for subpoenas for testimony, and subpoenas duces tecum for documents, from the Cabinet level officials and former officials who are likeliest to possess first-hand knowledge of the president’s actions and state of mind. That includes the same witnesses Schumer identified in his letter. The refusal of these current and former officials to comply with such demands can be taken to the federal courts in the District of Columbia. That Congress has power to enforce its subpoenas is clear (see the exhaustive treatment in the Cornell Law Review, Congress’s (Limited) Power to Defend Itself in Court by Grove and Devins). A clear federal statute (28 U.S.C. 1361) confers mandamus jurisdiction to compel officials to comply for which Rule 81(b) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure supplies procedures.

Even if the district court were to slow walk the proceedings, there is good reason to believe that the DC Circuit Court would entertain an expedited appeal. If the President thinks the conservative majority of the U.S. Supreme Court will protect him and overrule U.S. v. Nixon’s recognition of a sharply qualified privilege of executive immunity, he has been sadly misinformed. Whatever the parameters of executive privilege are after the Nixon case, they do not support absolute immunity from testimony before Congress. Moreover, the constitutional investigative powers of the House are at their zenith in an impeachment inquiry following the adoption of a resolution authorizing such investigations like the one passed in November, and thus Congress’ chances of success in the courts are now at their highest.

Resort to the courts may take many weeks, but there is no reason it would take many months. The ultimate guidance given the parties—as in the Nixon case—can preclude endless re-litigation.

Success in getting a judicial order to produce documents and testimony is the only way to overcome the partisan impasse we currently face. The only possibility left lies in public attention, which will be substantial when Secretaries Pompeo and Perry, chiefs of staff Mulvaney and Kelly, national security adviser Bolton, White House Counsel McGahn and the president’s lawyer Giuliani are compelled to testify under oath. Some of these individuals are known to have had direct conversations with the president about Ukraine; others are knowledgeable about the president’s alleged obstructions that predate the Ukraine matter. Pausing now may afford other pieces of the story to fall into place.

What’s more, action by the courts broadens the legitimacy of the inquiry beyond the acts of one highly partisan body of one branch of the government.

I'm not really sure what the benefit of this would be. :patrice:

We know exactly what happened and the case against Trump is already pretty open and shut. They could have Jesus himself testify in the Senate trial that Trump is guilty and it still wouldn't change anything. The Dems already have enough evidence, there's no point in them deluding themselves into thinking that if they get the right witness or transcript it'll somehow drive support for impeachment up. The only upside I can think of offhand is that maybe having the Senate trial closer to the election would have Trump's acquittal fresher in people's minds and maybe help Dem turnout.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Suspiciously, this "bombshell" report is currently Unlisted on YT.

I might peruse these for fukkery purposes.

But I'd love some reporters to debunk the shyt.

It has been debunked by every intelligence service on the planet...no one is going to continue to give Rudy free shine. He's going to have to push this nonsense to the dedicated looking for an excuse to protect Trump.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
I believe that this poll is bogus but still because it's from CNN. Trump and the GOP will run away with it :francis:
Or maybe its the truth and people in this thread refuse to catch up with that reality? And also refuse to contend with the fact that some Dems may lose their seat in the House over this to Republicans.