True Romance is one of Jay-Z favorite movies...has anyone seen it?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I don’t have a problem with it. If you pay any attention to QT it is obvious he wishes he was Black or has an extreme African American culture fetish. QT made a movie starring Pam Grier 30 years past her prime?! Pam Grier! He has Black people in all his movies even ones about Nazi Germany! He made a movie about a rebel slave killing many whites brutally! You would think he would get Justin Timberlake type love but nah.

His mother dated black men when he was young so that had an influence on him. (even dated Wilt Chamberlain)

Also it was a black guy who told him the "Sicilian story" years ago when he was a kid. He then used it later on when he was trying to make movies.

Last edited:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
The film is cool.

Although I'm not a fan of that Sicilian scene. Tarantino always manages to incorporate some racist shyt in his scripts. He nearly always has a character drop the n word for no apparent reason. And personally I'm not comfortable with that :francis:

For real. Dude been had an N word fetish. He can miss me with that "I love black cculture. I watched all of the blaxploitation movies", lame shyt.

Dead nizza storage among other numerous violations :pacspit: Someone should've been checked this comfortable CAC.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are lucky Tarantino did not direct this flick, Tony Scott's style was perfect. QT wanted to kill off Slater too. Tony talked him out of that ending.
That movie was dark as fukk, I would've been cool with Slater being killed off.

On that TV there, since you been in the room, is a woman with her breasteses hangin' out, and you ain't even bothered to look. You just been clockin' me. Now, I know I'm pretty, but I ain't as pretty as a couple of titties.

:banderas:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
We are lucky Tarantino did not direct this flick, Tony Scott's style was perfect. QT wanted to kill off Slater too. Tony talked him out of that ending.

i have the blu with the alternate original ending tarantino had envisioned, but i haven't opened it yet

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
That movie was dark as fukk, I would've been cool with Slater being killed off.

On that TV there, since you been in the room, is a woman with her breasteses hangin' out, and you ain't even bothered to look. You just been clockin' me. Now, I know I'm pretty, but I ain't as pretty as a couple of titties.

:banderas:

Nahh the motel incident and the Donowitz clusterfukk was brutal enuff that this had to go out on a high note...Nobody wanted to see Bama have to take the money, run, and go back to who she was before she met Clarence that fateful night