True Romance is one of Jay-Z favorite movies...has anyone seen it?

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
The film is cool.

Although I'm not a fan of that Sicilian scene. Tarantino always manages to incorporate some racist shyt in his scripts. He nearly always has a character drop the n word for no apparent reason. And personally I'm not comfortable with that :francis:

I thought I was the only one who noticed that, a lot of times hes the one that does it in the movies. Its very strange.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Yeah dope film...

I'd also recommend "Killing Zoe" for people who are into these early 90's crime movies...It was written and Directed by Tarintino's best freind at the time Roger Avery who go his shot cause Quentin was blowing up on the Indie movie scene.

Roger Avery never really did much after that movie though. ( he wrote the screenplay version of "rules of attraction")

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yeah dope film...

I'd also recommend "Killing Zoe" for people who are into these early 90's crime movies...It was written and Directed by Tarintino's best freind at the time Roger Avery who go his shot cause Quentin was blowing up on the Indie movie scene.

Roger Avery never really did much after that movie though. ( he wrote the screenplay version of "rules of attraction")
Yeah he wrote some of pulp too, did they have a falling out? I remembered killing zoe, good flick.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Yeah he wrote some of pulp too, did they have a falling out? I remembered killing zoe, good flick.

Yeah thats what they fell out over...Quentin was saying his contributions were minimal and he should get "story" credits but not writing..

They won the oscar for writing that year together and didn't even speak to each other at the event.
THey worked at a Video store together for years.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Yeah dope film...

killing zoe is fire:wow:

stumbled across this old joint called thursday that was pretty entertaining too

feels similar but it isn't tarintino

Z z z z z z

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It was a good movie, but I wouldn't call it great. The biggest surprise was Gary Oldman. That dude's range :ohlawd:
giphy.gif

pop

Banned
Daps
The film is cool.

Although I'm not a fan of that Sicilian scene. Tarantino always manages to incorporate some racist shyt in his scripts. He nearly always has a character drop the n word for no apparent reason. And personally I'm not comfortable with that :francis:

I never understood why black people criticized him for this. He shows white peoples true nature and how they really talk when no blacks are around.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
"You already given up yo shyt...I'm still a mystery to you."
"Damn Marty, you look fukked up again."
"Must of thought it was white boy day. "

:dead:

siddown have an egg roll...we got everythang here from a cotton eyed joe to damn if i know hahaha

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I never understood why black people criticized him for this. He shows white peoples true nature and how they really talk when no blacks are around.
Yeah, I don’t have a problem with it. If you pay any attention to QT it is obvious he wishes he was Black or has an extreme African American culture fetish. QT made a movie starring Pam Grier 30 years past her prime?! Pam Grier! He has Black people in all his movies even ones about Nazi Germany! He made a movie about a rebel slave killing many whites brutally! You would think he would get Justin Timberlake type love but nah.

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
:francis: I like to watch my movies without being insulted half the time.
My point is this dude likes to use the n word necessarily in some of his movies.