True or False: The Thing(1982) is better than Alien(1979)

True or False: The Thing(1982) is better than Alien(1979)

• Total voters

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If I’m being honest I like Aliens more than Alien. Way more legendary quotes, classic scenes and action. I love Alien but Aliens just has more replay value and at one time I used to watch it every weekend on Starz ( it used to come on all the time for like 3-5 years straight)

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Agree. Hard to top this.

"Why don't we just wait here for a little while?"

Good quote to represent how the The Thing has aged overtime. 41 years later and people are still debating on whether Childs was the Thing or not. Legendary. :wow: I’m sorry the critics, box office, and ET, the extra terrestrial gave you such a bad deal, John Carpenter. It shouldn’t have been that way.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Alien had weak kill scenes for the most part. Obviously they had to keep the Alien hidden. There's one scene where u can tell its just a man in a suit. It's a pretty quick cut.

The Things effects are next level and after further thought, it's a tie.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
"Why don't we just wait here for a little while?"

Good quote to represent how the The Thing has aged overtime. 41 years later and people are still debating on whether Childs was the Thing or not. Legendary. :wow: I’m sorry the critics, box office, and ET, the extra terrestrial gave you such a bad deal, John Carpenter. It shouldn’t have been that way.
Releasing a horror movie right after ET was a terrible move. Maybe it would've flopped regardless but a very bad move.