Travis Scott - Utopia July 28th

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
As a huge Trav fan, it's honestly taking some time to get used to the Owl Pharaoh style flow of things with this again. Didn't expect majority of the album to have that sound.

From a performance stand point, it'll be interesting to see how it goes. His website just announced a performance in Pomeii stadium coming soon, same location as from the film.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I think this is Travis first miss. He’s flowing on this shyt which is surprising. But he’s not really saying anything. Couple tracks I’ll keep, some songs may grow on me (that always happens with me). Other than that, first listen wasn’t good. It sounds like Donda the most if I had to compare it to a Kanye album. Gods Country was a Donda thowaway, a lot of songs sounds like that. I’m not even going to give it a score until I give it another listen probably tomorrow.

I will say this. For the fans of Astroworld album everyone can agree he created an experience or created a actual world with that album. This album just sounds like some songs thrown together. It’s not really cohesive. There’s no direction.

EDIT: And Big Sean clearly wrote skitzo.
EDIT2: Album is not really mid, it definitely doesn’t keep up with his other albums though. Me saying it’s a miss might be a tad much. Some songs are already starting to grow on me (as I knew they would).

Last edited:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
This shyt all over the place in a good way lol. Good break from most of the monotonous boring shyt that drops every week
That's why I'm vibing with it so much. I'd take 19 random songs that sound great over a 19 song project that we've all heard before.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Felt like it started slowww and set you up like this is underwhelming then Drake start a wave of bangers and 2nd half :blessed:

Have to listen beating out of car to really get a feel tomorrow..

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
This shyt all over the place in a good way lol. Good break from most of the monotonous boring shyt that drops every week

My thoughts exactly.

Shiit is way tooo formulaic and redundant in the market.

This travis joint is a massive breath of fresh air (and I'm a Nas fan... but i need this type of production on Utopia for some variety).

Appreciate that Scott is a very eccentric character and it seeps through his music.