Travis Scott - Utopia July 28th

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Dropping THIS after 5 years is gross. A far cry from Rodeo, Astroworld, and even his early mixtapes. A lot of this was safe festival music (:sadcam::huhldup:). 21 Savage did his best to carry (again), SZA song her ass off, Westside Gunn got off another hilarious verse over a different type of Alchemist beat (that some sampled singer tries to ruin), and Drake had a pretty nice verse (to where he didn’t actually address Pusha, but roundabout addressed Kanye and possibly Pharrell). The production seemed so subdued compared to last releases. And on the flip side, some tracks just had too much stuff going on, like trying to make some major epic track but never actually turned out that way.

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Dropping THIS after 5 years is gross. A far cry from Rodeo, Astroworld, and even his early mixtapes. A lot of this was safe festival music (:sadcam::huhldup:). 21 Savage did his best to carry (again), SZA song her ass off, Westside Gunn got off another hilarious verse over a different type of Alchemist beat (that some sampled singer tries to ruin), and Drake had a pretty nice verse (to where he didn’t actually address Pusha, but roundabout addressed Kanye and possibly Pharrell). The production seemed so subdued compared to last releases. And on the flip side, some tracks just had too much stuff going on, like trying to make some major epic track but never actually turned out that way.

I don't even see that forreal, a couple tracks here and there but nah. And Im sick about that lol

Manolo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Once the hype of the Drake diss and the big features wears off, this will have very little replay value

He clearly tried to do something different but it isn’t executed well. I give him props for not giving us the generic album he could’ve but this is not good. Especially after 5 years and songs with the best artists and producers in the game

Trav was never known for bars but his lack of substance is particularly glaring on this album for some reason. His raps almost sound AI generated. He needs Ye’s ghostwriters

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I Know sounds like Niagra falls by Trav & 21, mixed with the baseline of Want me Dead by Thugger & 21. I think both was produced by Metro.

I’m definitely going to keep playing:

Modern Jam
Gods Country
Meltdown (best song, Drake went off)
Delresto (Echoes)
I Know
Skitzo
Lost Forever (I kind of like the leaked version better but like the new additions to it to)
Topia twins
Parasail is chill to

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Once the hype of the Drake diss and the big features wears off, this will have very little replay value

He clearly tried to do something different but it isn’t executed well. I give him props for not giving us the generic album he could’ve but this is not good. Especially after 5 years and songs with the best artists and producers in the game

Trav was never known for bars but his lack of substance is particularly glaring on this album for some reason. His raps almost sound AI generated. He needs Ye’s ghostwriters
A “generic” album from him would’ve been good :russ: Rodeo, Astroworld, Owl Pharaoh, and Days Before Rodeo are all better than this. None of those albums sounded like one another. This current album sounds like a Travis Scott impersonator tried to make Travis Scott’s music from memory, which is ironic cause people often refer to Travis is a non-original biter.

Manolo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
A “generic” album from him would’ve been good :russ: Rodeo, Astroworld, Owl Pharaoh, and Days Before Rodeo are all better than this. None of those albums sounded like one another. This current album sounds like a Travis Scott impersonator tried to make Travis Scott’s music from memory, which is ironic cause people often refer to Travis is a non-original biter.
Yeah, I’m not gonna lie I would take a 2023 Butterfly Effect and Can’t Say over everything on this album. It seems like he tried to go as far away from his sound that he got lost