Travis Scott is trending due to his college essay he wrote about Kid Cudi/Big Sean and G.O.O.D music.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If all academic records were transparent and we could judge people by the content of their essays instead of their resumés, you'd be shocked to see how anti-intellectual universities have really become.
pass fools and graduate them brehs

these are the greatest influencers of our times. and you wonder why culture is regressive... in contrast Nas dropped out 8th grade and was writing Illmatic by 18... this is the most resourceful era known to man. knowledge at the palm of your hands and we still got illiterate people.

someone make excuses please I dare you. and with the explosion of short form writing mediums and informal writings which is what most people read today not books and articles you can only see this getting worse...

:huhldup:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
He obviously plagiarized most of his essay. And huge junks of it was written in the passive voice. He legit wrote this essay like he was writing a tweet.

But now he's getting paid millions for his words. Going to college was my biggest mistake :francis:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Never met stupider people than i did in college

Breh.....my time at Best Buy made me realized that I would trust a grade school kid over a "college educated" individual with how to set a alarm clock :francis:

So many fukking idiots that even bragged about how dumb they are.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If all academic records were transparent and we could judge people by the content of their essays instead of their resumés, you'd be shocked to see how anti-intellectual universities have really become.
I think back to my senior thesis and it was the most useless P.O.S. ever and I'm surprised they accepted it, lol. I don't want to go back and reread it, ever :russ:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

Couldn’t get beyond the first paragraph.

My junior high English teachers would’ve given us Fs if we turned in something like that.

My junior/senior year teacher also included one of my essays in her prized collection of college essays as examples for future students when applying to college. Memories.

What I will say is that even if this is his dreadful essay, the man is talented and found his calling.
I won’t touch on the festival, etc.