Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
she played in straight outta compton as ice cube wife

008%2BAlexandra%2BShipp%2Bas%2BKimberly%2BWoodruff.jpg
Ain't she with a cac?

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
She is very untalented but we do need to be firm on our stance regarding mixed people. We can't just claim them when they accomplish something as black if we do that then they represent us and they are a conflicted group. Look at that shyt she posted with her mom that's that corny post racial stuff white people usually post but now she's a proud black woman who's experienced more racism from black people.

Daps
I don't really get why some biracial (half black) people get mad at black people for not including/accepting them, but they never get mad at their other side for not including/accepting them.

Because without us, they're stuck in racial
limbo, left to plead for acceptance from whites who only use them when it's convenient to attack the very black people they look down upon.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
Eh maybe I’m :old: but I don’t get the uproar? She was cast in that part by someone else. The anger is directed at the wrong person. She failed to see the point about Hollywood whitewashing because she feels she was attacked. She should keep her mouth shut on racial issues even if she feels she is deserving of the part. But I still don’t get the outrage.:hmm: It’s too much over a character who has always been depicted in varying skin tones. People kind of make themselves look silly with this stuff :gucci:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
It's fukking Twitter, dude, where random opinions get expressed all the time. There ain't no real movement around this. Why do people act like Black folk have to solely speak on the stuff that "matters" 24/7?
lol I could cut in paste this response on here a lot...

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Eh maybe I’m :old: but I don’t get the uproar? She was cast in that part by someone else. The anger is directed at the wrong person. She failed to see the point about Hollywood whitewashing because she feels she was attacked. She should keep her mouth shut on racial issues even if she feels she is deserving of the part. But I still don’t get the outrage.:hmm: It’s too much over a character who has always been depicted in varying skin tones. People kind of make themselves look silly with this stuff :gucci:

The anger wasn't directed at her though...

People were saying that they wanted Disney to cast a fully black person and then she got angry and lashed out.

I see nothing wrong with black people wanting a black character to represented by a black person.
Varying skin tones =/= biracial...

I personally would like to see them cast an actual African instead of these biracials but w/e its not really a huge deal to me

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
She is very untalented but we do need to be firm on our stance regarding mixed people. We can't just claim them when they accomplish something as black if we do that then they represent us and they are a conflicted group. Look at that shyt she posted with her mom that's that corny post racial stuff white people usually post but now she's a proud black woman who's experienced more racism from black people.
Agree 100%

We need to stop grouping biracials with us, but it will be difficult