• Coming To America

Votes: 103 74.1%

• Total voters

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Coming to America was Eddie's best movie. He played all the characters, got all the screentime and managed to pull it all off perfectly.

Trading Places is the better total movie. Randolf and Mortimer Duke playing the Koch bros in the 80s, that nature vs nurture argument they've been using to support racist ideas for years getting completely decimated, and an amazing supporting cast.

The comparison is off though. CTA is a total Eddie vehicle, like Norbit or the Clumps, TP was much more of a group effort.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
both great, but like I posted in the Coming To America thread, its a top 3 comedy to me, hell might be number 1....both are great tho and actually hold up

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Watching Trading Places for the first time. I didn't expect this shyt to be racist as fukk :huhldup:

The premise doesn't even make any sense. How is this movie considered a classic?

Clive42

All Star
Daps
The premise and story of Trading Places is much better than Coming to America's imo.

But i'd say that Coming to America has more laughs, and more memorable scenes.

Characters are probably on the same level in both. Maybe Coming to America might have a slight win in characters

Am big on plot tho so I'd have to go with Trading Places
yeshrug.png